Shea moisture

lorr1e1

4C (natural) currently relaxed (Mizani)
Has anyone tried this brand they have many lines, any input is appreciated.

I'm not sure if its black owned

Shea Moisture is no longer black owned. They sold to Unilever in 2017. I tried products years ago and they never worked for me. I know some people jumped ship when they sold because they started trying to market products to looser hair types (read:white). I'm sure some current users will come in and share their experiences as well.

Shea Moisture is no longer black owned. They sold to Unilever in 2017. I tried products years ago and they never worked for me. I know some people jumped ship when they sold because they started trying to market products to looser hair types (read:white). I'm sure some current users will come in and share their experiences as well.
Yes I was wondering if it was no longer black owned that's a shame. But they are still using the story of their origin.

I have gotten some of their body wash products they seem ok , nothing special really. I did try a shampoo and conditioner but I didn't think that much to it perhaps it was the one I picked.

I'll try again in future

Yeah Unilever did acquire Sundial brands which is the company shea moisture, nubian heritage and I think two other brands fall under. From what I've read it appears that Richelieu Dennis-founder, Cara Sabin-newer CEO, and Esi Eggleston-EVP of Unilever's personal care division North America (all black leaders) are still very much involved with the brand. So idk if that has helped Shea Moisture stay true to it's original ingredients or not.
I can tell you that my favorite line of theirs was the Raw Shea butter line. I actually would use their Raw Shea butter deep treatment mask as a great moisturizing leave in. The shampoo was nice too. Not sure if it's the same but if you ever wanted to try, I would start there. A little sample packet or sumthin :)

Back