Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner as a Leave-in

Chameleonchick

I have been wanting to try this line for ever! I just stumbled across their facebook page two days ago and they mentioned that their products were buy 2 get one free at Walgreens. I picked up the curl milk, the smoothie and the restorative conditioner. On the back of the Restorative Conditioner it says that you can use it as a leave-in. Has anyone here used it as a leave-in and were the results good? Also is their curl souffle anything like kinky-curly custard?

I have been wanting to try this line for ever! I just stumbled across their facebook page two days ago and they mentioned that their products were buy 2 get one free at Walgreens. I picked up the curl milk, the smoothie and the restorative conditioner. On the back of the Restorative Conditioner it says that you can use it as a leave-in. Has anyone here used it as a leave-in and were the results good? Also is their curl souffle anything like kinky-curly custard?

I've done this. I like the conditioner, but the only caveat is that it causes build-up pretty quickly.

As for the Curl Souffle...it's been a long time since I tried it but it did absolutely nothing for me. I thought it had a weird, off-putting texture. For me, it's no substitute for KCCC at all. Most who've tried it seem to not care for it.

I've used it as a leave-in. To be honest, that is the only way I used it. I didn't like it as a rinse out. It felt like I hadn't used anything.

I have used it as a leave-in on transitioning and natural hair. It is not my favorite leave-in, but it does get the job done. It is kind of thick; and, like Seraphina said, it can build up quickly.

I tried Curl Souffle when I was relaxed, and I did not understand the hype. I may try it again now that I'm natural.

The curl milk is the business! That's my HG leave in. For me it's the best leave in/moisturizer I've ever tried and I've tried a lot. It actually sinks into the hair, no build up.

I couldn't get into the soufflé. I'm just trying to find ways to use up my jar I've had for years lol.

I tried Curl Souffle when I was relaxed, and I did not understand the hype. I may try it again now that I'm natural.

I'm natural and it was still :down:

So if the restorative conditioner causes so much buildup, how does it compare to the curl milk?

I second what Pokahontas said. The curling milk sinks into the hair making it feel soft and moist. The restorative conditioner doesn't absorb well.

The restorative conditioner isn't good as a rinse-out and mediocre as a leave-in.
The curl milk is what's up :yep:

Back