Shea Moisture Added 6 New Lines This Month!!

I'm regretably in love with alot of their new stuff. The smaller sized DC's I won't bother as they just seem to be a repackage rebranding effect. I can't find the Omega 3-6-9 or the new anti frizz line anywhere so I wish the availability was done a bit better.

The rose gel cream is lovely for my set styles so I'm contemplating switching to shea moisture exclusively since they have so many stuff up and the scents and uses are so diverse. Their marketing is suspect but their products work on my hair so as long as it keeps working, I'll keep buying. Lol

M1VOgt3.jpg

Just posted in another thread.

I will copy that post below.

SheaMoisture stylers - ie: gels, smoothies, milks, and oils either sit on my hair or dry it out terribly.

I was never able to use their original lines, the Raw Shea Moisture or the Coconut Hibiscus.

I stick to their DCs/masques or the rinse outs.

I like the Manuka Honey, 10 in 1 renewal, but I have to use them with heat.

The Fruit Fusion DC is the only one I will say is great, it melts my hair instantly, heat or no heat. It is also designed for fine hair, which I have.

Last edited:
HITS.... (For reference, I have 4A/3C, high porosity, fine, frizzy hair. My hair likes creamy, non-sticky textures.)

Shea Moisture High Porosity DC
upload_2016-2-10_20-1-15-png.350995

Peace Rose Oil Silken Condish
upload_2016-2-10_20-0-51-png.350993

Fruit Fusion Weightless Cream Rinse ( Tried the DC a few months ago - loved it also)
upload_2016-2-10_20-0-28-png.350991

MISSES....
It's my fault I know to stick with conditioners/Masques when it comes to Shea Moisture.
I got excited I received good results with their other products.

I ONLY tried the Omega 3, 6, 9 Curl definifing Smoothie - MY HAIR WAS HARD AS A ROCK.

I ONLY tried the Omega 3,6,9 Cowash - MY HAIR WAS HARD AS A ROCK.

They didn't have the Omega 3,6,9 DC at my Ulta. They had the Rinse Out, but I passed on it.

upload_2016-2-10_20-2-7-png.350997

I tried the High Porosity Masque with steam and love the results! I think reading the directions w/tips will help some have better results. I was going to just DC With a plastic cap but decided to steam instead because I read the jar.

Last edited:
SheaMoisture/Nubian Heritage with some Oyin Handmade are my bodycare staples.

I'm interested in the mud masques, the Sacha Inci masque & smoothie, Shea Cupuaçu Frizz Defense smoothie & masque, Low Porosity conditioner and Peace Rose line.

The Peace Rose hair line is described as lightweight but moisturizing and penetrating via YouTube. I hope it replaces Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, Rosa Mosqueta and White Camelia lines. AO reformulated their conditioners. They no longer work for me.

I have the High Porosity masque, gel & elixir. I've only tried the elixir.

It's the Bain Capital way to totally Saturate the Market with a bunch of stuff (oftentimes inferior products) make as much money as you can upfront and then when they start to lose money (possibly)......simply walk away.

IMHO this is essentially what Carol's Daughter did...except the company was sold to L'oréal.

The original formulas were great; Goddess line, Browning SPF line, Sandalwood Vanilla body & shampoo bars, Healthy Hair Butter, Margarite's Magic, Khoret Amen line, Kizzy pomade, etc.
It all went downhill when she expanded to department stores. The formulas were discontinued or changed for the worse. A ton of new lines emerged. Online customer service sucked. Core customers started leaving. Then L'oréal aquired CD.

Was at Target and they had free samples of this Peace Rose Shampoo and Conditioner so I snapped them up. Will be flat ironing today so will see how it turns out

Was at Target and they had free samples of this Peace Rose Shampoo and Conditioner so I snapped them up. Will be flat ironing today so will see how it turns out

No. Absolutely not. Never again.

I liked the rosewater fragrance which was the best part. There was no moisture enrichment for my hi po strands in this formula. I wonder if silk protein is high in the list. Anyways I rinsed out the conditioner and immediately slapped on AIA hydration elation. Much better. My strands would have given me hell if I hadn't followed up with a better conditioner.

Last edited:
I purchased 2 of the high porosity masques when it first came out a while ago. I have yet to use it but I did open it up to smell it. (Don't we all do that to new products?!) It smells like feet...like a pair of my teenagers socks after they have left football practice. :lachen:Hopefully the performance is much better than the smell. Don't know when I'll get around to using it...I have too many other open products to use up first.

I liked the holding spray that I tried by them.

I also got some of the holding gel/cream for kids so I'll give that a try.

I don't know about SM. I think I want to like them more than I actually do.

Oh yeah, I do tend to like their leave in conditioner

CVS is having a BOGO sale so I went in during lunch yesterday. Sad to say I just picked up some body washes (one of them has the charcoal in it). Besides the fact that lots of the items you all are mentioning weren't available, I couldn't find a reason to buy any of the hair products. SAD DAY!! I was thinking do I need another SM poo or rinse out in my life? So I just got the body washes.

The Shea Moisture Shea and Cupuacu deep conditioner is a miss. The consistency is a lot thinner than other SM masks. It is loose and emulsifies to almost nothing when you rub it on the hair. It disappears not necessarily because it has sunk into the hair but because it is so thin in consistency. The consistency reminds me of a hair lotion. After I rinsed, my hair felt like I had done nothing at all. No softness, moisture or manageability. In my opinion, this is not for those of us with course, dry, thick strands. I love the smell although I wish it wasn't so loud and I love the beautiful packaging. It had a little slip, but not much.

I honestly think this would work better for someone that doesn't have course strands, my relaxed sistas, or someone with LP hair (without the course strands).

I love the Low Porosity Detangler Leave in. I probably will pick up the conditioner eventually. I picked up the High Porosity mask last week and will try that this Saturday.

I picked up the High Porosity Cowash and Gel today, will use everything this Saturday.

What I'm not liking is SM/Sundial upping the prices on SM from $9.99 to $10.99/$11.99. I'm keeping my eye out for sales/discounts in the future.

I love the Low Porosity Detangler Leave in. I probably will pick up the conditioner eventually. I picked up the High Porosity mask last week and will try that this Saturday.

I picked up the High Porosity Cowash and Gel today, will use everything this Saturday.

What I'm not liking is SM/Sundial upping the prices on SM from $9.99 to $10.99/$11.99. I'm keeping my eye out for sales/discounts in the future.

Yes to this. That High Po is $12.99 :ohwell:.
I hope it eventually makes it to Walgreen's or Ulta so it can be eligible for sales.

I'm over shea moisture and their 101 products. I remember everyone raving about the curl enhancing smoothie and it just made my hair super crispy.

I do however, like the deep treatment masque, which i use for twisting and the purification masque.

I recently bought the 10 in 1 super fruit conditioner and it made my hair as hard as a rock. Didn't notice uh with the JBCO leave in conditioner either.

I'll just stick to the 2 I like. I'm not getting fooled again.

Silicones aren't rubbish. There are some amazing products out there that have silicone and work even better, for me, than all natural stuff.
Why spend a bunch of money on a product fill with silicones??? You might as well just buy the cheap products with the same ingredients for less. That is robbery!!! If you spend a lot of money that products should be mostly organic it should be high quality and it better work.

Back