Shea Growth and Retention Regimen 2015

Still spritzing and sealing my twists every other day. Adding olive oil to my shea mix has made it a lot easier to spread.

I've been using Shescentit Tahitian Leave in conditioner, Jakeala Nappy Hair Butter, Jakeala Amla Shea Parfait, and Bel Nouvo Avocado and Shea Hair Milk.

id like to join. I use pure shea butter to seal my ends. i dont care for the smell so im buying some essential oils. I use cantu shea butter leave in all the time too if that counts.

I've been M.I.A. I know. I haven't been using my Shea Butter mix as of this week because I ran out. I do have more Shea Butter, but lazy to make my concoction. So, I've just been spritzing my hair with my tea concoction and reached for my sisters Hemp grease (which I love) and just braided my hair and did the GHE method.

Happy New Year everyone:
This week on alternate days I used
Oyin Handmade Whipped Shea Butter
PuraBody Naturals Cupuacu Butter

Using LHCF via smartphone. Can't see mentions.

I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong with my Shea Butter mix because I want it to be more whipped on the lighter side and not so heavy.

I finished my second shea butter container. Luckily I bought one for my mom so I'll finish hers over the next few weeks.

This week I'm using Bel Nouvo Avocado and Shea Hair Milk, Bel Nouvo Coco Castor Nectar, and Jakeala Shea Parfait.

I used Oyin Handmade Whipped Shea Butter on ends & PuraBody Naturals Cupuacu Hair Butter on length to twist.

Current regimen with shea butter

Wash once a week with Terressentials and twice a week with AO GPB
Drench hair with aloe vera/water leave in
Seal with shea butter while setting hair for a twist out

I wear the twist out (left pic in signature) for 2-3 days and then repeat.

I do not have a mix for the shea butter, instead I grab a little shea butter, quickly run my hands under warm water (makes the shea butter easier to apply) and then seal the section I am preparing to twist. This allows me to easily spread the shea butter throughout my hair without adding anything to it.

This method currently works because my hair is extremely porous but once the shea butter dries along with my hair it's such a thick product that it seals well, allowing my hair to retain the moisture for 2-3 days.

Will check back in a few weeks to see if I have changed anything on this regimen.

Sealed hair with Oyin Handmade unscented Whipped Shea Butter & bunned.
I've noticed due to the weight of the shea my ubiquitous fairy knots have disappeared.

Last edited:
I've been mixing a small amount of Vatika frosting w darcy pumpkin butter at night and coating my ends. I like the way the vatika thins out the shea - it's very thick on its own.

As much as I love my oyin burnt sugar pomade, idk if it's heavy enough. I'm going to try mixing a little shea butter with it the next time I use it. Hopefully I'll get the best of both worlds.

DC with SM deep treatment masque and added my shea mix to it this weekend.
After I washed I sealed with my shea olive oil mix and then twisted up for the week.

I keep reading good things about Jakela shea alma butter. I can't buy anything else until I use up some of my products. Instead, I've been mixing my pumpkin shea butter w APB ayuverdic oil. It's a nice sealer and I already had these products.

Honestly shea butter as a sealant on wet/dry hair has transformed my hair. I've never had trouble keeping moisturized hair because I always wore buns. Once I started wearing twistouts the shea butter keeps my hair moist and protected from the hair. Use it every night.

Back