Shea Growth and Retention Regimen 2015

This sounds good. How does it work?

Do you mind telling me where I can buy these products?

Barbara,

Shea Moisture is available at CVS, Target, and most drugstores.

I just checked Naturelle Grow's website, and she no longer offers the pumpkin butter. :nono: The pumpkin butter is basically shea with some oils and fragrance added. It wasn't good enough for me to order a second time.

Let me know how these products work for you. They sound yummy.:lick:

Barbara
I'm sorry for the delay. Please pardon the messy labels. I'm in a warm climate & some of the shea melted. They all are excellent. Each one has different properties:

The NH/SM butters are moisturizing, scalp soothing & conditioning due to the extracts, oils & infusions.
ForumRunner_20141111_235306.jpg

The JBCO Hair Food is very thick. I use this on my scalp & on wet hair.
ForumRunner_20141111_235624.jpg
ForumRunner_20141111_235641.jpg

BnB (scented with essential oils) shea butters are creamy/waxy. It reminds me of niolitica shea. I use them on my scalp & on dry hair.
ForumRunner_20141112_000343.jpg

ES shea butter is blended very well. They are creamy & emulsify easily. I use them on wet & dry hair.
ForumRunner_20141112_002143.jpg

I forgot to mention the B&BW refined shea butter. It's like Crisco shortening or Vaseline & has no scent. Compared to the others it's bright optic white. I use this to heavy seal my ends.
ForumRunner_20141112_002537.jpg

Using LHCF via smartphone. Can't see mentions.

Its been very gusty and dry so I will seal my ends tonight again with my shea butter mix. Ill seal my hair with grape seed oil.

I used my SM styling milk today for a wash m go. Also ordered a sample of a whipped shea butter in yummy bananas. Hope it's actually really whipped

Barbara
I'm sorry for the delay. Please pardon the messy labels. I'm in a warm climate & some of the shea melted. They all are excellent. Each one has different properties:

The NH/SM butters are moisturizing, scalp soothing & conditioning due to the extracts, oils & infusions.

The JBCO Hair Food is very thick. I use this on my scalp & on wet hair.

BnB (scented with essential oils) shea butters are creamy/waxy. It reminds me of niolitica shea. I use them on my scalp & on dry hair.

ES shea butter is blended very well. They are creamy & emulsify easily. I use them on wet & dry hair.

I forgot to mention the B&BW refined shea butter. It's like Crisco shortening or Vaseline & has no scent. Compared to the others it's bright optic white. I use this to heavy seal my ends.

I've had my eye on the SM and NH infused butters for a while now. Do the smells linger? Also are they any thinner than the regular raw Shea butter?

I've had my eye on the SM and NH infused butters for a while now. Do the smells linger? Also are they any thinner than the regular raw Shea butter?
imaginary
The scents are the same as the body & hair care lines. The Coconut-Hibiscus & Black Seed + Honey have the strong, lingering scents. African Black Soap is the weakest & dissipates quickly.

The consistency varies due to the added ingredients.
Coconut-Hibiscus is harder than shea butter. It emulsifies into a light oil.

Frankincense & Myrrh, African Black Soap and Indian Hemp + Tamanu are like pure shea in consistency.

Chai+ Rose is creamy.
Black Seed & Honey is like a pomade. Both melt instantly.

Last edited:
Shea butter makes it a little difficult to cornrow my hair for braid outs because it gets a bit sticky but I love the results after.

Took out my tasti kiss butter which I hadn't used in a while. Forgot how yummy it smells. It truly does work better for me in the cooler months.

Been remoisturising my hair every few days with SM curl and shine conditioner and shea butter. My twists have been feeling extra supple so I'm not gonna wash till next weekend.

Hemp Seed Oil coupled with Coconut Oil (Vatika grand) has very good growth qualities. I remembered I added some HSO in my last batch. I was somewhat heavy handed with it because I don't have time to be using measuring spoons.

I wondered where this extra boost of growth came from, so I read up on HSO. That oil is the bomb! I use my mixture on my scalp as well and it gives me very well defined twist outs and my hair stays moisturized. I was even looking for growth, but I got a lot of it and I believe it's the HSO!

Happy mixing, ladies.

Hemp Seed Oil coupled with Coconut Oil (Vatika grand) has very good growth qualities. I remembered I added some HSO in my last batch. I was somewhat heavy handed with it because I don't have time to be using measuring spoons.

I wondered where this extra boost of growth came from, so I read up on HSO. That oil is the bomb! I use my mixture on my scalp as well and it gives me very well defined twist outs and my hair stays moisturized. I was even looking for growth, but I got a lot of it and I believe it's the HSO!

Happy mixing, ladies.

I've been wanting to try HSO for a while, but I know when I eventually get around to trying it, I'm just gonna end up taking it internally.

Been sealing my ends with Jakeala amla Shea parfait. I hate the smell of regular Shea butter so I'm going to search for some pre-made butters with Shea as the main ingredient.

Been sealing my ends with Jakeala amla Shea parfait. I hate the smell of regular Shea butter so I'm going to search for some pre-made butters with Shea as the main ingredient.

If you look upthread, Bibliophile has a nice collection of scented shea butters.

Bibliophile how is the jbco hair food? I love anything with jbco

PlainJane I like to use the JBCO Hair Food as a scalp butter (Ol' Skool hair grease) and as a heavy sealant on wet hair.

It combines the benefits of both shea butter & JBCO. I don't worry it running off my scalp on to my neck, back & shoulders if I'm heavy-handed. It's not sticky, blocks frizz, softens my hair & doesn't wear off before wash day.

Can you review this for me please? Consistency? Scent? I've been curious

I got it in the scent cake bake which smells exactly like its name. Yummy! Its thick but creamy and smooth. Will last me a long time because a little is all you need. It reminds me of HH Sprout if you ever heard of that. I don't use many butters so I don't have anything to compare it to.

I got it in the scent cake bake which smells exactly like its name. Yummy! Its thick but creamy and smooth. Will last me a long time because a little is all you need. It reminds me of HH Sprout if you ever heard of that. I don't use many butters so I don't have anything to compare it to.

So you wouldn't say this is a whipped butter correct?

PlainJane I like to use the JBCO Hair Food as a scalp butter (Ol' Skool hair grease) and as a heavy sealant on wet hair. It combines the benefits of both shea butter & JBCO. I don't worry it running off my scalp on to my neck, back & shoulders if I'm heavy-handed. It's not sticky, blocks frizz, softens my hair & doesn't wear off before wash day. Using LHCF via smartphone. Can't see mentions.
Thanks for your review. How is the smell? That's something I always worry about with jbco

Thanks for your review. How is the smell? That's something I always worry about with jbco

PlainJane
The Tropic Isle Living JBCO Hair Food has a faint smoky scent due to the JBCO. The products I use easily mask the scent (SM/NH, Darbur Vatika Naturals, OH Hair Dew, DB Pumpkin Seed & TN conditioners)

Get Sunny Isle Lavender JBCO pomade if you're worried about the scent but still want a JBCO pomade. It's not heavy or greasy & smells good. CurlMart & Hattache sell it.

I've been using my Jakeala Shea nappy butter and its amazing. I have a couple of butters sitting in my belle butters cart. I'm trying to use something with Shea in it every day. Even if its just sealing my ends and moisturizing my edges under my wig.

Back