Shea Butter

Armyqt

Can I get 100% unrefined shea butter @ Sally's or Wal-Mart? I need something quick to do my daughter's hair today. Also, what are some of the best online spots to order natural hair products. tia

I dont really think the stuff sold at sallys or walmart is 100% pure. But u can probably find some fairly decent stuff at a BSS if u are in a rush.... IMO the best online is at www.nasabb.com

carmend said:
I dont really think the stuff sold at sallys or walmart is 100% pure. But u can probably find some fairly decent stuff at a BSS if u are in a rush.... IMO the best online is at www.nasabb.com

Thanks! That's a good idea. I'll check the BSS. Yeah I've been browsing around on the site today and I've come across so many good tips that I've strayed away from. I forgot how good shea butter was in the daugter's natural hair and I don't have any more. I'm so excited to try the C-COW-C method on her hair tomorrow and use a shea butter concoction to seal in the moisture. Thanks for the suggestion and the link.

Maybe a local health food or whole foods store will have pure shea butter. I seriously doubt you will find it at Sally's or Wal-Mart but...

I know a great product called Wonder Gro Shea Butter. It's not 100% but whatever they've added to it makes it wonderful. It's only $2.99 or $3.99 and it is some amazing stuff. I like it better than pure shea.

Nasabb is good for shea butter. Also try qhemetbiologics.com for online hair products they have a sample pack- I LOVE qhemet and nasabb.

I BOUGHT KARIT'OIL 100% PURE LIQUID SHEA BUTTER OIL FROM CHAMBERLANDS HEALTH FOOD STORE. IT'S GREAT, BUT PRICY

25 BUCKS FOR 6OZ BOTTLE

I ended buying some shea butter from a BSS in my area. It sayd 100% but I've never seen yellow shea butter before. All the ones I've had before were always white/ivory. Anyhoo, I mixed it up with some stuff and it made a pretty good hair creme for my daughter's naturals. When this is all used up, I'll definitely be ordering from online. Thanks ladies.

What is the C-COW-C method? Sorry if I should already know this :p
I have really dry hair and started using shea on the suggestion of the African sista that braids my hair and my hair has benefited from it 100%! I love it and use it daily on my hair. I have a homemade butter where I mix it w/castor, coconut, glycerin and I use it on both mine and my daughters hair. At this point this is the only real moisture type product I use anymore...

Armyqt said:
Thanks! That's a good idea. I'll check the BSS. Yeah I've been browsing around on the site today and I've come across so many good tips that I've strayed away from. I forgot how good shea butter was in the daugter's natural hair and I don't have any more. I'm so excited to try the C-COW-C method on her hair tomorrow and use a shea butter concoction to seal in the moisture. Thanks for the suggestion and the link.

Armyqt said:
I ended buying some shea butter from a BSS in my area. It sayd 100% but I've never seen yellow shea butter before. All the ones I've had before were always white/ivory. Anyhoo, I mixed it up with some stuff and it made a pretty good hair creme for my daughter's naturals. When this is all used up, I'll definitely be ordering from online. Thanks ladies.

That sounds like real shea butter. The all natural unrefined shea butter, which in my opinion is much better than refined is supposed to be off white to bright yellow. I'm glad that this product worked out for you.

Back