SHEA BUTTER IS USED FOR????

Mandy4610

How do you ladies use shea butter? Some ladies say they use it one wet hair, is this with a leave-in? Before or after the leave-in? What does it do for the hair? Is it best on natural or relaxed hair? Too many questions, sorry, but please help me out.
TIA

I use it for my skin and my hair. After I co-wash, I sometimes put the shea butter on my wet hair as a moisturizer. And on my skin, I like to put it on while my skin is wet.

I use it for my skin and my hair. After I co-wash, I sometimes put the shea butter on my wet hair as a moisturizer. And on my skin, I like to put it on while my skin is wet.
Thank you. Do you use a leave-in Conditioner as well?

I use it as a moisterizer on dry hair, but can also be a sealant. (Kinda like how Coconut Oil is) This makes the hair feel very soft! I melt it halfway (Semi solid consistency), rub it between my hands, and massage through out my hair.

Of course you can use it on wet hair as well. If you want to use a leave in, I would apply that first, and then use the shea butter. Hope that helps!

I cannot use this on my natural wet hair. It leaves a weird film. If I use it at all, it has to be on dry hair. I sometimes like to melt a little and add a few essential oils (mmm...peppermint) just for kicks!

Is it good to use it as a moisturizer on relaxed hair, or as a sealer?

Is it good to use for wash and go's, and braid outs?

I currently use BB oil moisturizer in the day, and hollywood's olive oil at night and seal with a mixture of coconut oil/olive oil in the day, and WGO at night. My shedding/breakage is much better then it was about 3 months ago, but I still have too much that I don't want.

In the past, I have used it as a leave-in with great results (I need to go and buy some again:lick::yep:). When using as a leave-in, I never used it on soaking wet hair but on slightly damp/dry hair, twist my hair into fatty twists, let air-dry and you are left with very soft and moisturized hair. HTH

I use it on hair and sometimes my skin. I use it on dry or wet hair. I used it when I was relax and now that I am natural. It is my staple moisturizer.

Back