Shea Butter Heaven

Kneechay

Hey guys, it's been a while. I'm currently in Nigeria and my mom told me that I could purchase raw african shea butter while im in the country and I sooo did. I discovered that the butter was made in tons here. I bought chunks the size of my arm for the equivalent of 15 cents. My mom and I bought about 600 Naira worth. I'm super excited! I'm just sharing this tidbit for any of you traveling to Africa and wanted to stock up on this great hair (and skin) moisturizer!

Hey guys, it's been a while. I'm currently in Nigeria and my mom told me that I could purchase raw african shea butter while im in the country and I sooo did. I discovered that the butter was made in tons here. I bought chunks the size of my arm for the equivalent of 15 cents. My mom and I bought about 600 Naira worth. I'm super excited! I'm just sharing this tidbit for any of you traveling to Africa and wanted to stock up on this great hair (and skin) moisturizer!
:drool: ur hairrrr

Good for you my grandmother used to send loads of shea butter from Nigeria before

aww you're in Naija? I'm jealous lol!!! Yep! I get my shea butter when I go home every xmas, and you know I get alot for dirt cheap cos it ends up lasting me all year round.

i freakin love love love shea butter. its soooo moisturizing and it gives my skin a crazy glow.

Enjoy your time in Naija. When I went this past March, I had not yet discovered the power of shea.. stock up girl!

My brother is comin' back from school there, I will ask him to get me some....how I miss that country. Thanks for the reminder!

aww you're in Naija? I'm jealous lol!!! Yep! I get my shea butter when I go home every xmas, and you know I get alot for dirt cheap cos it ends up lasting me all year round.

Yes, my entire family came to Nigeria, and the trip's reasons were two fold: 1) we shipped my granny back to her home village from Houston to bury her on the 25th, she just recently passed and we threw a celebration of life event. 2) me and some friends started a business and i had to meet to work on our marketing strategy.

another thing i noticed is that women here either wear a wig or shave their hair off. It's totally different from the US. It's way too hot to have long hair in nigeria, i was this close to ripping out my sew in.

My brother is comin' back from school there, I will ask him to get me some....how I miss that country. Thanks for the reminder!

Yes, tell him to go to the market in Umuahia if he can, but I'm sure other markets have it. It's ridiculously cheap that it's sad. I think i have enough for a couple of years.

Yes, my entire family came to Nigeria, and the trip's reasons were two fold: 1) we shipped my granny back to her home village from Houston to bury her on the 25th, she just recently passed and we threw a celebration of life event. 2) me and some friends started a business and i had to meet to work on our marketing strategy.

another thing i noticed is that women here either wear a wig or shave their hair off. It's totally different from the US. It's way too hot to have long hair in nigeria, i was this close to ripping out my sew in.

Sorry about your grandma, but I'm glad you guys are celebrating her life. All the best with your business, I see y'all doing big things!!!

What part are you in, cos those Lagos "big girls" do not play with their sew-ins at all! You'll see some as long as 18 inches. Please it depends on the age group. Younger folks are bound to be rocking a variety of styles from braids to ghana weaving to sew-ins to more recently dreads.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother Nichi.

I wish I knew someone going to the area. One of my friends go to Kenya and he acted as if I made Shea Butter up. I guess it's not as popular there.

Back