She used a blowdryer on me to make the relaxer work faster..wtf

kiwiny

Why do dominican hairstylist never do what you ask only what they want.

My story..
I went to get a relaxer from my usual dom salon in bklyn, ny. I decided to make a switch from mizani mild to vitale. As she is appyling the relaxer she says it is thick because of the cold weather, she calls the owner over and they proceed to use the blowdryer on my hair as she relaxes me. I belive their thinking is the relaxer would be easier to apply and work faster. I have seen them do this on other people and was very skeptical about the practice.

I can't beleive I just sat there and let them do this, anyway as the relaxer is being washed out and conditioned and toweled dried i test my hair to see how fragile it is because my hair is sooo weak to begin with. My hair pulls and breaks away with too much ease and now I am freaking out.

they tell me not to worry, I am rollerset and once i am dry I don't want her to touch me, no I say i don't want bobby pins put in or it blown out because I'm scared of the styling stress and breakage that could happen.

I am clearly upset and i talk to the owner as I pay and say" why can't you guy do what I ask". I told him I asked his stylist to put it only on the new growth ..she tells me it will get on the other parts of the hair anyway. I am not difficult and ghetto to you guys and i tip well.. all I ask is that you do what I ask.

He tells me with an attitude that his stylists know what they are doing and my hair is not falling out. Very nasty attitude. I am not going back there.

PLease help ... now I need a new salon to go to that actually touches up the new growth only and is not tugging on my hair when they comb and brush it.
I know I am going to go heavy with protein treatments for the next couple of weeks.

kiwiny said:
As she is appyling the relaxer she says it is thick because of the cold weather, she calls the owner over and they proceed to use the blowdryer on my hair as she relaxes me. I belive their thinking is the relaxer would be easier to apply and work faster. I have seen them do this on other people and was very skeptical about the practice.

:eek: :eek: **falling out of my chair** :eek: :eek:

What???? I've NEVER heard of such nonsense!

Condition, condition, CONDITION and find a new stylist!

kiwiny said:
Why do dominican hairstylist never do what you ask only what they want.

My story..
I went to get a relaxer from my usual dom salon in bklyn, ny. I decided to make a switch from mizani mild to vitale. As she is appyling the relaxer she says it is thick because of the cold weather, she calls the owner over and they proceed to use the blowdryer on my hair as she relaxes me. I belive their thinking is the relaxer would be easier to apply and work faster. I have seen them do this on other people and was very skeptical about the practice.

Wait now. I'm confused. What type of blowdryer did they use while the relaxer was in (hand or the type you sit under)?:huh: It kills me when people get an attitude about your hair. I wish you the best with your hair care. Hopefully, it's not damaged.

This is crazy, I've never heard of such a thing in my years of hair, :eek: is all I could think of. I know one reason they never do what you ask is because, have of them don't understand what your saying to begin with, they understand two things where I live 1- wet-set and 2 deep conditioner, other than that they have a child or at least one person to try to translate for the whoe salon. But all dominican salons aren't bad so maybe someone in your area can help you find a new stylist. HHG

So sorry you had this kind of treatment...BUT why not post the NAME of the salon and the STYLIST that did it? It would serve as a warning to others...
Maybe I'll start a new thread about this. Word of mouth, either for good or bad, is a powerful thing!

A

What:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aww girlie I'm sorry. Hopefully your hair will survive the awful treatment. Keep conditioning, and let us know what happens. I actually think it might be against the cosmetology board's regulations to do what they did.

For the most part I must say it's not a bad salon but they just think they know your hair more than you do.

They used a hand blowdryer and so far my hair looks ok but you kow that can change. I will be using plenty of protein in the nest couple of weeks.

The salon is called Sisters with a green awning located in downtown bklyn. any suggestions on another salon.

That is unconscionable (sp?). :mad: I've never, ever heard of such a thing. I hope your hair does not suffer in any way from this malpractice. You might want to consider reporting them to the state board of cosmetology.

ETA: It's "stylists" like them who make it bad for the good ones out there, and give the profession a bad rep.

Kiwiny..you need to go to Maribel's. It's a little hood but they get the job done. They don't pressure you into getting blowouts and relaxers you don't need. If you need more info you can pm me.

I have heard of this practice a few times, but I don't support it. I would find somewhere else to go. Definitely hit a reconstructor in a couple of days...but becareful not to OD on protein... winter+dry, cold air+too much protein= dry, brittle, crispy hair.

Back