She told me not to wash my hair?!

jtsupanova

I just got my hair done in Kinky twist and after the braider got done with them she told me not to wash my hair cause it would frizz

I have had kinky twist before and when I had them I washed my hair they did frizz a little cause I'm natual but it wasn't that big of a deal

Should I take her advice?

I plan on keeping the braids in for two months

Also I plan on using the crowand glory method but my hair does not like infusim is it ok not to use it?

I wish I braider told me that. I had kinky twist and all was well untill I washed it. It was a "HOT MESS"

jtsupanova said:
I just got my hair done in Kinky twist and after the braider got done with them she told me not to wash my hair cause it would frizz

I have had kinky twist before and when I had them I washed my hair they did frizz a little cause I'm natual but it wasn't that big of a deal

Should I take her advice?

I plan on keeping the braids in for two months

Also I plan on using the crowand glory method but my hair does not like infusim is it ok not to use it?
How can you keep your scalp clean if you don't wash it for 2 months?? Some other ladies may be able to advise you on that one but you gotta get it clean some how... as far as the Infusim goes I think any liquid leave in with moisture would work. I think C & G prolly choose Infusim because it is liquid enough to penetrate the twists to condition your natrual hair. Creamy leave in's wouldn't soak through to your hair. You could make your own up conditioner with some distilled water, your fave oil and some conditioner, shake it up really good, use a spray bottle.... that's what I would do... There are some decent braid sprays on the market now too right, with natural ingredients....just some random ideas..

AtlantaJJ said:
How can you keep your scalp clean if you don't wash it for 2 months?? Some other ladies may be able to advise you on that one but you gotta get it clean some how... as far as the Infusim goes I think any liquid leave in with moisture would work. I think C & G prolly choose Infusim because it is liquid enough to penetrate the twists to condition your natrual hair. Creamy leave in's wouldn't soak through to your hair. You could make your own up conditioner with some distilled water, your fave oil and some conditioner, shake it up really good, use a spray bottle.... that's what I would do... There are some decent braid sprays on the market now too right, with natural ingredients....just some random ideas..

I am using Jamaican mango lime braid spray and its good I dilluted it with purified water (because its kinda thick) and added some of their catus leave in and eo's

when i had kinky twists my braider told me the same thing. after going at least a month with the twists in(i had to get a least a month's wear out of it just in case it looks a hot mess later) i washed it...no frizz, it frizzed a little after the 2nd wash thouh but nothing too serious, was still able to leave it in for 2months.
since then, whenever i get the twist extensions done, i wash them whenever i feel the need to.

PS
2 things to consider b4 washing is:
1. did ur braider twist tightly, some braiders dont twist tightly...im not talking about the scalp, im talking about the length of the twists. i dont know if im making sense. my braider twists the length tightly and that may have been a factor. if u dont understand what i mean lemme know and i will post pics.

2. i used sythetic kanekalon marley braids for twists....i dunno what brand ur using, if it is the human bulk or not. never used the human bulk so i can not attest to that.

Once my kinky twists had loosened up enough for me to manipulate them, I washed my scalp often, usually 2-4 times a week. Doing this did not cause any problems for me and I believe synthetic hair was used. I kept them in for six weeks.

The Kinky twists I have in now in my siggy I have washed them at least 3 times since they've been in and keep them in for about 2-3 months at a time. I dilute my shampoo in a jug and pour that over my scalp a few times, massage and rinse really well. I don't like the hair length getting wet so just hold the hair in a pony and direct the water on the scalp alone. I think it's best to use a cleansing shampoo as opposed to a moisturising one because it does nothing but coat the dirt on the scalp. After washing I don't condition but put loads of moisturise into the braids like s-curl and oil my scalp like I usually do.

If you check out Den1's album she has a step by step pic tutorial in how to wash with braids in. :)

I live in England and everyone I know who has extensions of any kind, NEVER EVER washes their hair with it in, hell, they hardly wash it anyway!

jtsupanova said:
I thinking of just using oil on my scalp and then cleaning with seabreeze
Does that sound like a good idea?

when I had individuals I used to use a cotton ball and seabreeze then use a sulphur 8/oil mix hair grew like crazy

I don't know if it's just me, but how are you ladies able to keep braids or kinky twists in for as long as 2-3 months? When ever I get my hair done, my scalp is burning and sore by week 2. And that's with the cotton ball and sea breeze solution. How do yall do it?

^^ I am wondering the same thing, whenever I get braids I am doing VERY well to last for 6 weeks I usually end up taking them out after 1 month. Something about the braids makes my scalp itch.

I had kinky twists for maybe three months.. hehe. I washed just about every week, no problems. Not a single one came out in three months and they didn't look old because my hair is natural.

But I admit the extensions were kind of hanging on for dear life with all my new growth:grin:

I know the braiders I go to are extremely talented but I didn't know other people were having problems keeping any kind of braid extensions in for two months or more. I always wash mine at least once a week.

sipsip.jpg
My twists were pretty darn old in this picture but I kept kickin.. shameful, I know.

Last edited:
That's ridiculous advice. I washed my hair as usual once or twice a week, I found my kinky twists looked more natural when I washed them, and they hung better.

I'm in agreement with the ladies who said they can't have them in for months at a time. My max was 6 weeks, but it was usually about 3 weeks.

Yep, that is ridiculous advice unless the braider is afraid they might slip out. I had kinky twists in for 2 months and washed every 10 days or so and I had no problems, and they didn't look fuzzy or old.

i wore two-strand twists for 3-4 months at a time during my transition. i conditioned once every 2 weeks and shampooed (it was diluted though 50% water) once a month. my hair was so soft and smooth when i took them out. it frizzed a little but i actually liked them better that way and not with the 'fresh out of the salon' look.

Thank you ladies for all your great advice!
Im going to wash the twist at the two week point and see how they do
I dont think they will slip and aint nothing wrong with a little natural fuzz

Keluric you twist are bangin!!!!

Back