Share your method of DC'ing while IN braids..

genesis132

I'm currently in braids (almost two weeks) and plan to stay in them for at least six months. I'm very familiar with the C&G method..but is it possible to Deep
Condition while in braids? Have you done this successfully and didn't suffer from any matting when taking your braids out? Also, what did you deep condition with?
I haven't dc'd yet b/c I want to make sure I'm not going to have any problems. Please share your experience good or bad.

TIA!!

If I deep condition while in braids, I band my hair, deep condition and rinse with the bands on, then style as usual when I remove the bands.

Good Luck!!

tHANKS FOR THE REPLY!!! BUT i MADE A BOO-BOO AND POSTED THIS THREAD TWICE...HOW DO I DELETE THIS THREAD OR CLOSE IT???

DARN NEWBIE:lachen:

go to www.growafrohairlong.com
Robin, the site owner, has great tips on washing bradis.

Thanks, but I'n not a newbie when it comes that site. I've been visiting that site for years!!

But, she doesn't really specify deep conditioning while in braids. She talks about deep condition once out of braids.

So...my question to the ladies here is....what's their experience with deep
conditioning while IN braids and is it safe? Or did they have any problems removing their braids when doing this?

Thanks anyhoo..

If I deep condition while in braids, I band my hair, deep condition and rinse with the bands on, then style as usual when I remove the bands.

Good Luck!!

Great idea! When you mentioned banding, are you putting the bands at the end of the length of your real hair on the braid? Does this cause more frizzes?

It's perfectly fine as long as you keep you hair well moisturized the whole time it's in braids. I am currently rocking braids 8 months into my transition and I've had them in since may...when I took them out my hair was soft and clean. I wash once a week. When I do so I braid my hair into four large sections (yes even with braids in my hair) this keeps them from slipping and tangling. I DC with cholesterol, castor oil, EVOO, rosemary and peppermint EO, and a little coconut oil (no SAA for braids). I squish it through each large braid and make sure it's good and all over my scalp. I DC with heat in a shower cap for 45mins. Then I rinse it out and put it in leave in and seal with coconut oil. I've never had a problem with this method yet. Everyday I will spray my head sometimes 2x a day with glycerin, rose water, and EO's and seal it with coconut oil. Works like a charm. You can see the results in my fotki after one such wash if you want. HTH :yawn:

It's perfectly fine as long as you keep you hair well moisturized the whole time it's in braids. I am currently rocking braids 8 months into my transition and I've had them in since may...when I took them out my hair was soft and clean. I wash once a week. When I do so I braid my hair into four large sections (yes even with braids in my hair) this keeps them from slipping and tangling. I DC with cholesterol, castor oil, EVOO, rosemary and peppermint EO, and a little coconut oil (no SAA for braids). I squish it through each large braid and make sure it's good and all over my scalp. I DC with heat in a shower cap for 45mins. Then I rinse it out and put it in leave in and seal with coconut oil. I've never had a problem with this method yet. Everyday I will spray my head sometimes 2x a day with glycerin, rose water, and EO's and seal it with coconut oil. Works like a charm. You can see the results in my fotki after one such wash if you want. HTH :yawn:

Thanks!
What type of hair do you use? Human or synthetic? I have long kinky twists in with synthetic and I didn't know I could use oil on the lengths to seal.
Why did you say NO SAA for braids? I have a capful of SAA mixed in with water that I've been spritzing on my braids. Is this bad?
Thanks for sharing your regimen. I do use the C&G for washing but I didn't know how to give myself a good DC while IN braids...

Back