Shampoo Usage (POLL)

How do you use your shampoo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have started doing conditioner washes. I plan on using my shampoo once a week or every 2 weeks on my scalp just to use it up. After I use up my shampoo, I'm just going to use conditioners only to wash my hair. :grin:

To wash my scalp and only to clarify or remove product build-up. Sometimes I use it on my hair and work it through with my denman, but I haven't done that in couple of months.

Most times, I mainly focus on the scalp and make certain it goes through the rest as I rinse. Sometimes, I shampoo both.

I only wash my scalp. Even with very intense moisturizing shampoos my hair can become very dry. I only use shampoo to wash my scalp. I don't like piling my hair on my head it makes it tangle so i just focus on my scalp and hair line. I use primarily conditioners to do the ends.

I choose to wash my hair and scalp but only as a clarifying agent. I do conditioner washes twice or more per week and my hair loves it. :)

I use a gentle, sulfate-free shampoo about twice a month and wash hair and scalp, although I do concentrate more on my scalp.

reformatio said:
I use shampoo mainly to cleanse my scalp. While working the shampoo into my scalp it gets on the length of my hair [so I also clean my hair as well].

This is what I do as well. I have found it doesnt dry my ends out as much anymore. I started about a month ago concentrating only on the scalp.

I tried to do the conditioner only wash for a while and my hair started to feel rough. I now use shampoo again. My hair just seem to feel softer when I use poo and conditioner.

lthomas1 said:
I tried to do the conditioner only wash for a while and my hair started to feel rough. I now use shampoo again. My hair just seem to feel softer when I use poo and conditioner.
Do you have hard water?

I remember when I did co-washes in the past that my hair felt kinda rough afterwards too. Now that I have a shower filter, co-washes have made my hair feel soft, moisturized, and manageable! :)

No, the water is not hard in my area. It has been tested more than once. I just can't do the co washes for a long period of time.

I use shampoo (Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Pure-Castile Soap, a mild natural shampoo) to wash my scalp once a week. The excess lather from my scalp helps to clean my hair.

Back