Shampoo Usage (POLL)

How do you use your shampoo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Please vote in the poll above. Then post the reason why for your choice. ;)

Last edited:
Re: The Use of Shampoos (POLL)

To wash my scalp. I wish i didnt have to use shampoo at all, but with the winter and my scalp being so dry i have to keep it clean somehow. i shampoo every two weeks and no 'poo in between. -- jainygirl

I put hair and scalp. I normally concentrate on my scalp more and then at the last minute I'll do a quick shampoo on the rest.
I just can't stand for my hair to have any type of unpleasant odor, whether its from food(you know how when you cook the aroma sticks to your hair), being around cigarette smoke(alhtough with the new smoking bans thats become less of a problem), or being outside and getting that gross sweat smell(probably more of a living in Florida problem).
Anyway, I have to smell clean head to toe so when it comes to shampoo everything gets it!

I don't use shampoo.. I'm doing Curly Girl.. as far as I can see.. I prolly won't use shampoo ever again...:)

I poo to wash my hair and scalp. I really wish I could no poo because my scalp is very problem free but I haven't found a conditioner that is as good of a detangler as my core poos.
cbg

I use shampoo to cleanse both hair and scalp once a week.

I tried just using conditioner, but my scalp just did feel like it was getting clean.

I voted wrong!
i voted to washmy hair. My REAL vote is that I use to to wash my scalp and only a very gentle wash to my hair. i hate taht I have to use shampoo too!

I voted hair and scalp. I like the feeling and smell of clean hair. I've tried no poo for a long while and wasn't impressed. My hair wasn't any softer or healthier or whatever than when I was shampooing and conditioning. Also, after awhile, my hair was difficult to detangle.

I put to wash my hair and scalp. I do that once a week. I focus mainly on my scalp but at the end i'll smooth the shampoo down the rest of my hair then rinse it out.

mighty_isis said:
ok im kind of new here..... what is wrong with using shampoo???
Well, I might have a different answer than others...but there really isn't anything wrong with shampoo.. it's really the ingredients in the shampoo that you are using that might not make it good to use certain shampoo's? Does that make sense.. Curly hair is drier than wavy or straight hair and alot of shampoos can dry out your hair because of what's in them.. it's better to use shampoos with more natural ingredients.. like Elucence, Aubrey, Jessicurl, Avalon, etc.. But you can also add certain things to conditioners to make them more cleansing.. you don't need shampoo to cleanse your scalp.. especially if you are avoiding certain things like silicones and sulfates..

oh yah.. WELCOME!! :wave:

I chose wash my hair and scalp on the poll. Since I'm washing about every 3 days, I focus mostly on my scalp using Botanoil shampoo and let the suds run through my hair. I love my hair looking and smelling fresh and clean.

I only wash my scalp with shampoo, but of course the shampoo runs down the lengths of my hair when I rinse. I wash once or twice a week.

I mainly scalp wash. When I rinse my hair the suds from the shampoo are usually enough to cleanse the length of my hair. I'll only shampoo my hair if I feel buildup or if it doesn't feel clean but usually scalp washing is enough to cleanse my scalp/hair without removing too much moisture/oils from my hair. My end results are always clean scalp and hair. My hair ALWAYS has a clean and refreshing smell after I wash. :)

I poo to clean my scalp and my hair. Mostly my scalp. There is nothing like a fresh scalp and clean hair ;) .

I shampoo twice a week hair and scalp because I have Seborrheic Dermatis.
I have to use two different shampoo's prescription strength Nizoral and followed with a moisturizing poo like Elucence.
My scalp must stay clean and fresh as much as possible.

I voted shampooing my hair and scalp. I've tried just doing conditioner washes, but my hair doesn't like it.

I use shampoo mainly to cleanse my scalp. While working the shampoo into my scalp it gets on the length of my hair [so I also clean my hair as well].

LABETT said:
I shampoo twice a week hair and scalp because I have Seborrheic Dermatis.
I have to use two different shampoo's prescription strength Nizoral and followed with a moisturizing poo like Elucence.
My scalp must stay clean and fresh as much as possible.

I use shampoo to cleanse my scalp twice a week. I also have Seborrheic Dermatitis and use two different shampoo's, Paul Mitchell's tea tree special shampoo followed by Kenra moisturizing shampoo.

Last edited:
I wash my hair with shampoo everytime I take my braids out-which is every 4-6 weeks. If I tried to wash my hair while I have my braids in, my new growth/natural hair would curl up and look a hot mess!!!! First when I take out my braids, I CW with Suave Coconut Conditioner, then I wait a couple of days to shampoo...

Back