Shampoo Brushes...?

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
Anyone use a shampoo brush?
I've been using Neutrogena T Sal shampoo but I continue to have issues with scalp itching and buildup :(.
So I've decided to try a shampoo brush. I will have it in time for my next wash thanks to Amazon Prime :).
I hope this helps clean the scalp. The reviews are promising. I initially wanted this http://www.amazon.com/Mar-V-Cide-Sh...&qid=1460113401&sr=1-4&keywords=shampoo+brush
but saw it had rubber teeth and complaints about snagging the hair. Rubber doesnt seem like the right material for that at all...

These looked to be the best quality and you get 4. i dislike the colors but i chose by quality and reading the reviews these seemed best.
http://www.amazon.com/Shampoo-Massa...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

As a bonus numerous reviewers report thicker hair after using these tools! Probably the massaging action stimulated the follicles and perhaps the cleaning out of the follicles helped growth...

I've actually used my Tangle Teezer as a shampoo brush but it was a bit harsh and just seemed unhealthy to me.

I can't wait to get shampoo'ing :lol:.

@ShredsofDignity
The rubber on the marvicide is seamless. The people complaining about snagging are not using the right technique. You're just gently massaging your scalp, then you lift the brush and move it to another area. You're not combing your hair with it. If that doesn't make sense let me know. I'm trying to find a swimsuit, so I can jump on periscope and show you the proper technique.

Also, you'll have the marvicide for the rest of your life. Unless, you lose it, or DS steals it :look:

Attachments

• 20160408_135524.jpg
    20160408_135524.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 45
well damnit!! i already ordered the others and they'll be here today. I guess I'll order the Marvicide as well :lol: Still inexpensive.

I want pink! what kind are those pink ones? I'm such a sucker for the right color :lol:

Got them and tried one feels soooooo good!!! I havent tried it with shampoo but I may use one for scalp massage. It feels wonderful and I'm sure will stimulate blood flow which could mean more growth.

@MileHighDiva, does the brush help you lift buildup better than gently rubbing with fingers?
I don't have build-up! I use them for blood flow. I'm lazy, so I use tools to my advantage. That's why I have one for each side of my head.

Probably should call it effective time management, in lieu of lazy :look:

ETA: I use SE Pre Cleanse RX to make sure my scalp is exfoliated no build-up. Those scalp brushes are meant to be used gently, i.e. gently lift scalp debris or stimulate blood flow.

Last edited:
@MileHighDiva so I got the Marv one... It's definitely blunter than the other ones i ordered. I will try it with shampoo next wash. I do like the sharpness of the other ones though for deep cleaning my scalp during a wash but the Marv may be good for a gentler massage.
and you were correct, it doesn't cling and catch the hair at all..

i think I will begin to daily scalp massages with these now :D. I hope to see increased growth.
I think I'll do one now :lol:

Last edited:
I don't have build-up! I use them for blood flow. I'm lazy, so I use tools to my advantage. That's why I have one for each side of my head.

Probably should call it effective time management, in lieu of lazy :look:

ETA: I use SE Pre Cleanse RX to make sure my scalp is exfoliated no build-up. Those scalp brushes are meant to be used gently, i.e. gently lift scalp debris or stimulate blood flow.
you mean this right?
http://www.sallybeauty.com/scalp-cleansing-treatment/SBS-373060,default,pd.html

i need to begin using it again. it's good stuff!

Back