Shampoo brush/scalp massage

IvyMichael

Does anyone use shampoo brushes to massage your scalp? I'm talking about the circular ones with the plastic or vinyl teeth. I just got one in a gift basket for my birthday and it felt pretty good using it to massage my scalp when my hair was dry.
HOWEVER, on my last visit to a Dominican salon, the shampoo lady used it to massage my scalp and although it felt good, there was definitely some of my hair left in the comb when she was done. Not a lot, but it would have still been on my head had she not used it!! What do you guys think?

I used a shampoo brush a couple of times. Either I was using it wrong or it wasn't effective. Using that made my hair tangle up pretty bad. I am better off using my fingertips.

I use this every time I shampoo. I love it! I just focus on my scalp, use in a back and forth motion as opposed t circular and keep the length of my hair out of the way. I do not like to use my nails while shampooing as they are pretty long.

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm going to try using it daily on dry hair, and using a back and forth motion, like the way Indigo described. It certainly is relaxing, kinda like getting your scalp scratched when you were a kid. :)

Ivy

Back