Shampoo and Conditioner in the Same Line?

mscounselor

Is it really important that you use a shampoo and conditioner in the same line? I am remembering how well Optimum worked for me when I used both. Just wondering if anyone else thought so. (natural or otherwise)

Nah. I have tried lines where I loved the shampoo hated the condioner and vice versa.But my Pantene clarifying shampoo seems to work well with any conditoner that I use.

For a long time I used Aussie Moist shampoo and Suave conditioner. It worked great cause I hated the Suave shampoo and the Aussie conditioner. Now I'm using Aubrey Organics so it's all from the same line, but I use the Green Tea shampoo with the GPB conditioner even though both have their own conditioner and shampoo that goes with them.

In my opinion, they just want your money so that's why they recommend using all the products in the same line :)

I try to use whatever works for my hair. Sometimes, the shampoo and conditioner are from the same line, but, mostly they are not.

I figured out a long time ago it's whatever worked for me. Using the same brands have always been rare if that. If I do purchase a shampoo and conditioner of the same brand they are never used in harmony. One may be used for co washing, the other for clarifying, and so on.

Not a needed thing...
Sometimes certain products in the line are inferior & aren't worth the money.... :look:

I don't think that it's really important to use a shampoo and conditioner from the same line. I used to have a habit of doing this, but I find that mixing and matching the products have been working for me.

Back