shampoo after DC? Vice versa?

laurend085

I have kinky twist and dc about once a week with lekair. I also need to know this for when I wear my hair. Here is my process
1 dc with heat
2 rinse
3 shampoo
4 rinse
5 condition
6rinse
7 moisturize
8 airdry

My question is am I just rinsing out the dc by shampooing and conditioning? My hair needs a dc so I hope not. I just like to get out the shower with wet hair to apply a dc then sit under a dryer and get back in the shower. I also don't want to dc on dirty hair so I shampoo and everything at once. Am I doing something wrong?

My usual order (using your list) would be:

3, 2, 5, 4, 1, 6, 7, 8

To answer your question, yes, I think you are washing away the benefits of the dc by shampooing and conditioning after.

HTH

I don't know. I never shampoo after I deep condition, I think that would defeat the purpose.

My hair feel lovely after a DC and I like to keep that feeling. A regular conditioner after I shampoo wouldn't cut it for my hair.

I know what you mean about all that hopping in and out of the shower. But it's a part of gettin the job done. I would definitely keep the DC on dry hair, but do it occasionally, when you know your hair needs a conditioning treatment more than it needs a shampoo. The shampooing afterwards could strip the conditioning effects, depending on the kind of shampoo. I say if you you're going to shampoo then do that first followed by a good DC. :grin:

Some people DC on dry hair and it works for them, so if it works for you, keep doing it!

I know some conditioners specifically tell you to DC first then Shampoo (Aubrey Organics)

I use Aubrey Organics, and I always DC on dry hair. Most of the time I will shampoo after DCing, but I willl add a moisturizing DC on after I shampoo. I'll keep it on long enough for me to shower.

Back