Sew-In Weaves in Chicago...Help!

Katt73

Chicago Ladies...I need a recommendation! I want to get my first sew-in weave this summer and have NO CLUE where to go in the city where I won't break the bank. I also don't know where to start in terms of purchasing hair (no shiny, plasticky, baby-doll hair, please :perplexed).

Can you help me?

Try Craigslist... However I'm giving up on finding one locally(ohio and cook county-ish), i'm getting it next time I visit the DF in NYC! They run 60-75 up there!!! UGH! Not fair....Lol:hair:

Try Craigslist... However I'm giving up on finding one locally(ohio and cook county-ish), i'm getting it next time I visit the DF in NYC! They run 60-75 up there!!! UGH! Not fair....Lol:hair:

I feel you on this. When I used to live in Akron and get my hair done in Cleveland, I could only find like 1 stylist who would charge a reasonable price. I can't even find anyone in the Cincinnati/Dayton area either. You're right Simply_elle, I'm waiting till I vist my friend in NYC as well!

Soul Salon Spa are good but they are pricey. I have a lady in Northwest Indiana that does my sew ins for 80 bucks. PM me if you are interested.

Okay, so I went to Weaves by Tasha (weavesbytasha.com). She's on the south side. I thought it was okay, but it was my only second experience with a full sew in (the girl I went to before I would NOT recommend, so never mind that). She charged 100 I think. or 115. She even helped me think about hair to use, via phone consultation.

Also, there was a discussion about a gorg full sew in weave on here that a girl got in Madison, WI. Not really too far... and there is a bus you could take if you don't have a car. If you are interested, I can try to find the thread again or look through messages... I think I still have it.

There's someone from Chicago peddling their services in the Salon forum. username is weaveologist I think.

Here's a question... why is it so hard to find someone to do a sew in chicago?! Or good salons in general? or is it just me?

There's someone from Chicago peddling their services in the Salon forum. username is weaveologist I think.

Here's a question... why is it so hard to find someone to do a sew in chicago?! Or good salons in general? or is it just me?

No, its not just you. It seems as if very few people in Chicago know what good hair care is. There are so many people I just want to pass out LHCF business cards to.

No, its not just you. It seems as if very few people in Chicago know what good hair care is. There are so many people I just want to pass out LHCF business cards to.

right? Its a mess out here. What the heck?! I don't really trust salons anymore... but, it would be nice if I knew of one that I could consider visiting at some point. But for now, I don't know any.

Back