sew in single tracks

I used to do this a long time ago when I had a relaxer. I had one track in the back and then my hair and then a second track.

I tried doing this twice and it caused breakage for my hair. I don't think my hair liked being sandwiched in between the tracks.

The next time I tried it I didn't leave my hair out in between the two tracks which worked better.

I do this often. I usually put in 2 or 3 and I have no problems. This is how I prefer to wear my weaves. I treat my hair the same as I wouldl if I didnt have in the tracks. I am able to strecth a little longer this way.

blog.jpg

This is what it usually looks like

My mom does this, and my best friend does it as well. I intend to do it once I fully relax in august.

The main thing to remember is:

Get hair that blends

Get a good cut to blend your hair into the extensions (this can be done by adding layers, or getting a razor comb and slicing into the extension hair right where your real hair ends)

Take care of your hair in between the tracks

Get them tightened up when it becomes loose

Stay on top of your treatments and trims

I've done this many times and a good friend does this too. I would use 2 - 3 tracks below my crown for fullness in the back and leave some of my hair out in between the tracks. The last time I had it done (not by my regular stylist who moved out of state) the braids were not tacked down properly and my hair had started to matte underneath. Luckily I only left them in for a few weeks so there was no real damage to my hair. I used spanish wavy hair.

My friend who uses tracks for fullness always uses straight hair and had them added at below her crown and for a bang.

In my opinion, clip-ins would work a lot better for this. You would be able to remove them everyday and not have to worry about matting or braids getting loose.

I was just about to post the same thing :yep: I used to love doing this.

In my opinion, clip-ins would work a lot better for this. You would be able to remove them everyday and not have to worry about matting or braids getting loose.

Back