SET BACK :-(

SILKY22

***SIGH*** ok here goes..I decided to transition to becoming natural..MY last relaxer was in feb..so i decided to take a break from my hair and braid my hair.. i found some really pretty hair it was synthetic and very curly so i microbraided the front and sewn the hair in the back to give the illusion that i had a head full of microbraids.. Well the hair started to tangle and it was ridiculous to manage...i had my hair like this since memorial day weekend so i figured it was time to take the hair out.. i started taking the sewn hair out but it was difficult for me so i asked my DH to cut the thread and yep you guess it HE CUT OFF ONE OF MY BRAIDs Yep MY REAL HAIR... and then when i went to remove the micros in the front the hair was so tangled my hair was tangled also so i ended up having to cut some of my hair in the front... im so sad right now but i keep telling myself and my DH its just hair itll grow back but yep thats not working :lachen:oh and by the way im only a couple inches from APL...thanks for listening to me vent not sure what im gonna do with my hair now..but for right now ill just pout and be sad :grin:

:bighug:So sorry about the setback. And I'm sure hubby feels horrible. So hugs to the two of you and here's hoping you recover quickly.

That's horrible!!! Just nurse your hair and it'll grow back in no time!
Next time, use a brighter thread color. My fiance was against touching my hair after he cut it blunt to shoulder length from APL (but I loved it and he didn't believe me)but now if I really really need his help he will help me. Just make sure the thread is white or yellow so he can really see it and not cut your hair off.
I'm so sorry that happened to you!

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this. I didn't let my husband cut my thread... unless it was a different color than my natural color. (Brown instead of black.)

Hope it grows back fast! And hopefully that the cornrow he cut wasn't a big one.

So sorry to hear about your setback. Try not to worry, it will grow back before you know it.:yep:

Last edited:
Question: have you taken it ALL out and combed etc? It may not be that bad/noticeable to anyone but you. Sorry about the setback though

Back