Serums/Glossers and direct heat

CheerBear

In the past I found that if I used a serum on my hair and then proceeded to blowdry(handheld) or curl my hair...My hiar got very crunchy and dry...the direct heat played a major role in it I'm sure..but has anyone else ever had this problem??? I'm convinced now that for my hair, serums will only work well for airdrying or drying under the hooded dryer

I haven't had that problem. I use serums during and after styling: Keracare I put on my hair right before flat ironing. It leaves my hair shiny, soft and smooth. Never crispy or hard. I use another one afterwards to reinforce the shine.

What kind of serum do you use? Does it have alcohol in it of any kind? What else do you use w/it -if anything- while blowdrying?

I think you must put very little. Just about the size of a nickel. I use serums for both blow dry/air dry/and hooded.. and since I've learned to put very little I have great results from all types of drying using serums.

Dolce, I was using frizz ease serum in the clear bottle....I cant even remember what all I was using it with, these days though since I dont blowdry anymore, I just add my proclaim glosser and tie down and go.

Hmmm... frizz ease is not bad. Maybe it was whatever you used in conjunction w/it? I dunno, but a serum should NOT make your hair harder, but softer. Maybe Zuppy is on track w/her assessment (too much)?

Back