Seriously considering perming...

InsertCleverNameHere

because I am really feeling straight styles right now. Provlem is I love my curly hair and I love hair that is straight (perms have a hard time achieving straight for me though...Just for Me works a little though). I see both as just a style. Pressing is starting to become time-consuming and it keep raining!!!!!

What would be a good idea for a person who changes their mind a lot? When I'm natural I want to be permed and when I'm permed I want to be natural.

Have you thought about texturizing. It may be easier to go from straight to curly and back again with a texturizer.

Your hair is very pretty.

Thanx! Unfortunately it's way shorter now, I cut abotu 3 inches off a few weeks a ago /images/graemlins/cry3.gif

I've thought about texturizing but I don't know how to. There are two different hair textures on my head and one of them is nappier (in the front of my head, about a two inch chunk), perms very easy and usually gets bone straight no matter how long it's left on. The majority of my hair is curlier, doesn't take to perms well at all and can take 30 minutes before my hair texture starts to even budge.

The solution to someone who constantly changes her mind - keep your natural hair. Braid it up. Put on a wig. Call it a day.

I know how you feel. I've been wearing my hair straight or rollerset for the past month and a half cuz I'm just feeling straight hair nowadays too. Reversion is a pain to deal with and I always gotta check the weather to see if I need to wear a hat when I'm outside. However after wearing my hair straight all this time I'm missing twists - and I'm glad that I have the option of going back and forth.

I'd recommend just sticking with your natural hair and this phase may past. If it doesn't I think you should texturize so that you can continue having the best of both worlds. Regarding the section of your hair that relaxes easily, if you decide to texturize just process that part last.

Ditto Carefree! I have been blowing mine out wearing alot of stretched out styles lately(french braids, elongated puffs lol!) but I am starting to get tired of them with tha quickness so I will be washing very soon! I am ready for some shrinkage.

Do you have any dominican salons in your area? You should check them out before deciding to do anything permanent

[ QUOTE ]
because I am really feeling straight styles right now. Provlem is I love my curly hair and I love hair that is straight (perms have a hard time achieving straight for me though...Just for Me works a little though). I see both as just a style. Pressing is starting to become time-consuming and it keep raining!!!!!

What would be a good idea for a person who changes their mind a lot? When I'm natural I want to be permed and when I'm permed I want to be natural.

[/ QUOTE ]

real:
with a perm you can have great versatility. you can have straight (blowouts, flat ironing, wrapping, etc) and textured styles (spiral sets, pin curls, braid-outs, s-deep waves)

you can have the best of both worlds.

You can also try Organic Root Stimulators demi-perm for temporary relaxed look. Its supposed to last until your next wash.

If you can access the Demi-Perm, try the Matrix Sleek.look line. I'm having great success with little reversion. My press even held up when I was doing major cardio.

If I liked wearing my hair straight a lot more than natural, I would go ahead and relax it. Pressing it ever so often could probably cause damage if you're trying to wear it straight all of the time. If you don't mind the heat from the dominican blowouts, use that as an alternative, but I would not get one. You just have to decide what styles you like wearing the most. Relaxers aren't bad for your hair as long as you care for it and not overprocess it.

Back