SENDING OUT A S.O.S !

Chyli

Hi,
I have posted a request for help with the products I have on hand; I thank you who have responded.(just left another post in off topics.should have left them together)
I am still confused!
Here is what I have (products) and no idea of what to do with them. (In the last post I discussed how broke, sick and homebound with MS, blah blah) Enough of that. My hair may be a 4a? Darn if I know it looks too crazy to tell. This hair of mine is in need of resuscitation get the EMS squad, page the hair doc on call, hook this hair up to an IV.

AND NOW THE LIST.
Hollywood carrot oil and crème
Soft & beautiful botanical lite cream moisturizer.
Biolage conditioning balm,
Aveda brilliant emollient liquid and be curly lotion
Profective growth n healing
Infusium 23 pro vitamin leave in
Yaky detangling spray
Lustrasilk herbal hair polisher w/carrot oil
Suave coconut conditioner
Flax seed oil, olive oil
Vitamin E oil
Shea butter
Castor oil
Rosemary oil (I put fresh rosemary in olive & flax seed oil 3 wks ago)
Hibiscus herb steep in distilled water (the water is really dark red)
Rosemary (dried) steep also
Natural pomade-shea, oils -coconut, olive, jojoba, babasu, aloe, wheat germ, vitamin E (this is the last batch of this pomade; the brother who made this is going commercial (they have already changed it). I’ve had it for over a year.
Dr Bonner’s aloe soap for babies
2 Hair mayo’s one I now see has SLS in it the other is Nubian organic.
I have not used all of this, some was given to me. I have gone to many web sites with chemical info, holistic, and a few women who have their own lines & ideas on hair care.
I cannot understand it; frustrated that I cannot comprehend the way I did in the past.
To try to explain how my brain functions fail me would be impossible.
Please bear in mind that this is information that I have been trying to understand. My soul is not a slacker just my brain.
I don,t know how to forward this post to those who may be in the know.If possible please let them know where this post is.
CHYLI

dear chyli,

whoa, nelly! you bought alot of stuff!

Right. let me try help...

The oils that you have can be used for hot oil treatments (that help to moisturize). A hot oil treatment is basically using a quater cup of oil, apply to sections of your hair, and then to hair ends. You can apply an old shower cap (or plastic bag) unto your hair for an hour, then, wash and style as usual.

Is your hair naturally a 4a or a relaxed 4a? I am natural, so i can only advise you on my regime. Which is basically, after a hot oil treatment i tend to wash (you could do this with dr. bonners aloe soap) then condition (biolage conditoning balm). Apply pomade or balm lightly to hair before styling (eg. twists).

YOu can use a few products (like 3 or 4) products at a time (for like 4 weeks) and see how they work for your hair.

You can PM me if you want.

I am sure the other ladies will answer directly.

hey chyli thats a whole lotta products for some1 who claims to be 'broke' to have /images/graemlins/grin.gif now i think that canuck pretty much covered it all in her reply, but since u aint mentioned if u natural or relaxed coz if its natural then u wont needa moisturise as much as relaxed hair....

oh yeh, the products that u mentioned that i have are or have hed good things about r the
-hollywood olive oil creme
-profective growth and repair
-infusium 23
-hair mayo
and lastly the castor oil

so i'm gessin that if u try n follow canuck's regiment then yo hair may benefit /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

You have alot of good products. In addition to the advice from Canuck, may I also suggest that you read over the archived Features Of The Month because this help you to learn how other women care for their hair. Also, there was a thread not too along ago maybe started by AmiLion about individual hair care. I am going to search for it and if I find it I will bump it for you.
Elliot

Chyli,
I bumped the thread "Hair Regime Update.....Everyone Please Update." If you have more questions please feel free to PM me.
Elliot

Back