Self Trim And Straighten Tutorial

This video was right on time for me. After taking down DD's hair and putting her under the steamer I used this method.

The trim took no time at all and I was able to do a very thorough job. Will definitely be using this method from now on.

I have great success when I straighten my own hair. Trimming my hair not so much. I typically do it on wet hair that I stretch. I part my head down the middle and trim a small section on one side as the base then pull the same size section on the opposite side so the ends meet and trim the other side until the length matches. However, I wear a WnG about 98% of the time (I'm trying to get better and do more protective styling). When I look in the mirror at the back of my hair, there is always one section that sticks out MUCH lower, like an obvious and distracting amount! I think this is due to maybe the roots of that section of hair have a looser curl pattern. I don't know. But any tips on how to get a nice even trim so that when I do a wash and go it all looks perfectly even?

Back