Self texlaxers/relaxers

Bubblingbrownshuga

How the heck do you wash out the relaxer? Do you bend over in the sink? Doesn't the relaxer get on your face? Also, do you smooth down the relaxer or do you just apply it on the newgrowth, avoiding the scalp?

How the heck do you wash out the relaxer? Do you bend over in the sink? Doesn't the relaxer get on your face? Also, do you smooth down the relaxer or do you just apply it on the newgrowth, avoiding the scalp?

I don't know the answer to your question but......Please don't do it:stop: I hope you are not considering putting anything in that lovely hair of yours.......

:yep:I will answer...I wash my hair in the shower. I apply the relaxer to the new growth only, no smoothing, get in the shower with warm water, rinse, apply reconstructor, rinse, apply neutralizing shampoo, rinse and repeat, apply conditioner, rinse, apply deep conditioner (1 hour under heat cap), rinse and style.

I love my hair! :drunk:

:yep:I will answer...I wash my hair in the shower. I apply the relaxer to the new growth only, no smoothing, get in the shower with warm water, rinse, apply reconstructor, rinse, apply neutralizing shampoo, rinse and repeat, apply conditioner, rinse, apply deep conditioner (1 hour under heat cap), rinse and style.

Do you lean forward or backward? Does the relaxer get on your skin?

I don't know the answer to your question but......Please don't do it:stop: I hope you are not considering putting anything in that lovely hair of yours.......

Talk to the :hand: cause the face don't understand.

J/k. I actually go back and forth with the idea of texlaxing though.

I lean over the side of the bathtub. That gives me the best water pressure to get it all out of my hair. I do smooth it with my fingers for maybe 2-3 minutes after application. Just enough to make sure that I got the relaxer on all of the newgrowth and didn't miss any spots.

wish I knew how to textlax my own hair. keep thinking i'll do something wrong and cause it to fall out.

I hate paying $60 for my stylist to slap relaxer on my hair.

Ahh! So looking at those foktis got to ya, huh?? When I used to relax my own hair, I always washed it out in the shower. Although the solution does get on the skin, it's only there for seconds, as it continues to wash off under the water. If you have a hand-held sprayer ($15 at a pet supply store), that can make it even easier. Are you just mulling it over, or are you planning to DO IT????

I apply the relaxer to both sides of the newgrowth, smooth, and for rinse out i lean over the tube with my head under the faucet..that way relaxer isnt running down my back and everywhere else

Talk to the :hand: cause the face don't understand.

J/k. I actually go back and forth with the idea of texlaxing though.

Me too, but with me its relaxing. I've been natural for 14 and a 1/2 years :wallbash: I love my natural hair but as it gets longer I get more of an urge to relax it, I don't know why that is.

Ahh! So looking at those foktis got to ya, huh?? When I used to relax my own hair, I always washed it out in the shower. Although the solution does get on the skin, it's only there for seconds, as it continues to wash off under the water. If you have a hand-held sprayer ($15 at a pet supply store), that can make it even easier. Are you just mulling it over, or are you planning to DO IT????

Mulling a lot.

What she said. I do my exactly like that.

Back