Self relaxing tips?

jaibee

I really want to relax my own hair. well, actually I just want to relax the front/top so I can have more versatility with my half wigs. anyway, i want to know a relaxer that is less likely to cause damage. the last relaxer i used was mizani no lye sensitive scalp back in november. also, can you go from no-lye to lye? i forgot. and creme of nature is out for me, my hair hates all those products. I'm curious about the phytorelaxer. The one time I tried to self relax was with precise and when I finished my hair was almost just as nappy as it was before I started. Thanks for your responses!

jaibee said:
I really want to relax my own hair. well, actually I just want to relax the front/top so I can have more versatility with my half wigs. anyway, i want to know a relaxer that is less likely to cause damage. the last relaxer i used was mizani no lye sensitive scalp back in november. also, can you go from no-lye to lye? i forgot. and creme of nature is out for me, my hair hates all those products. I'm curious about the phytorelaxer. The one time I tried to self relax was with precise and when I finished my hair was almost just as nappy as it was before I started. Thanks for your responses!

Do you mean that your hair doesn't respond well to Lye Relaxers?
I stopped using No-Lye because they were completel drying out my hair.
The most important thing to remember when relaxing yourself is to completely oil or protect the scalp, edges, and temples.
Seperate into sections, get comfortable, and be careful..
Work from back to front or the hardest area to relax to the easiest (in terms of corseness or how well/quickly that area takes to relaxers)
I've never relaxed just half of my head for fear that by the time the second half is ready to relax the first half will be in no position for the treatment....
I hope others get back to you soon:look:!
-HTH

I think no lye relaxers are drying after time as well, but I know that if you switch from one to the other it may cause breakage, but I can't remember if it's switching from lye to no-lye or from no-lye to lye.

Ashee said:
Do you mean that your hair doesn't respond well to Lye Relaxers?
I stopped using No-Lye because they were completel drying out my hair.
The most important thing to remember when relaxing yourself is to completely oil or protect the scalp, edges, and temples.
Seperate into sections, get comfortable, and be careful..
Work from back to front or the hardest area to relax to the easiest (in terms of corseness or how well/quickly that area takes to relaxers)
I've never relaxed just half of my head for fear that by the time the second half is ready to relax the first half will be in no position for the treatment....
I hope others get back to you soon:look:!
-HTH

I recently switched fron no-lye to lye and my hair responded well. I can actually tell a difference the hair relaxed with lye feels softer.

Back