Self-Relaxing Success

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
It is so nice to be a DIYer. This was my first self-relaxing attempt since 2005 (or 2006, can't quite remember). I think today went really well, whereas in the past it wasn't so wonderful.

I used Mizani BB Regular Strength. (lye) I relaxed in 3 sections per London Diva's picture tutorial. I relaxed, rinsed, used Perphecting Creme Conditioner, and neutralized (as stated in the directions) each section separately. Doing the 3 sections separately really helped me not to feel rushed, so my slowness was not a problem today.

I used a relaxer brush on the two side sections and I used bare hands on the back. I know that's not the greatest practice in the world, but I really needed to be able to feel the new growth since I can't see the back of my head. In the past, I believe wearing gloves has slowed me down.

After I finished neutralizing the 3rd section, I neutralized my entire head one more time then applied the microdroplet conditioner. I don't love this product, but I use it because the directions say so. I am sure another conditioner could be used in its place. In fact, after I rinsed it I used Sitrinillah for about 20 minutes, plastic cap, no heat.

I rollerset my hair on purple and gently combed the curls out and I am wearing it like that for the day. I'll wrap it tonight and wear it as a roller wrap for the next few days.

Last edited:
Re: Self-Relaxing Success (Pics)

I'm glad it worked out for you! :) No need to depend on stylists at all now! :yay:

Great job! Well if you can relax your own hair you really dont need the salon for anything but the gossip...well that you can also get from here....lol.. so later to them :)

Isn't it a liberating feeling?!?!?! Your hair always looks good SuperGirl!!! :grinwink:

Wonderful!!!
If you don't mind me asking
what is your current length?

That's great!! I am a big whole chicken when it comes to self relaxing.

Your hair looks beautiful!

This is the 1st time I've seen your face. You are gorgeous girl!

It looks great Supergirl! I know exactly how you about self-relaxing success....it is an AWESOME feeling! I self relaxed for the first time April 24th and got the best results ever(no more stylists for me).

Wonderful!!!
If you don't mind me asking
what is your current length?

I think it is just below BSL as of now. I have been many lengths! Check out my album and you can see my journey from BSL to waistlength and back again. :)

Last edited:

Your hair looks beautiful!

This is the 1st time I've seen your face. You are gorgeous girl!

Thank you :) Really, this is the first time? I got excited on election day and put a pic in my avatar and kept it there for about a month. :yep:

Your hair looks amazing!!! Isn't it great to take control of every aspect of your haircare?

Thank you :) Really, this is the first time? I got excited on election day and put a pic in my avatar and kept it there for about a month. :yep:

I don't think that I was a real "posting" member on election day, so I missed it.

But yeah, you should put your picture up. We need to see who's giving us all so much great advice!

I'm still using Mizani Intense Night Time Treatment because of you. Thank you girl!!!

all these years and i've never see your face. very pretty. :yep:

now how do i relax in sections without it dripping over to the other section. i'm clumsy sometimes and don't want any accidents :drunk:

also, did you wash it out in the shower or sink? the last time i washed in the sink i had to cut out hundreds of strands :nono:

Self relaxing makes you feel all powerful doesn't it? Healthy hair practices plus DYI relaxers = more money to spend on products:yep::spinning::yep:

You did a wonderful job with all that hair!

Back