Self Relaxers/Texlaxers are you lyeing?

secretrose

I can't for the life of me find lye relaxer anywhere. Am I late or something?:confused: Is it only sold to beauticians. Do I have to go to a salon to get a lye texlax done?

No you shouldn't have to. Do you have a Sally's nearby? They have LYE relaxers available. Silk elements, Olive Oil, Revlon, etc.

Is there a particular brand that is better for those with extremely sensitive scalp? This is one of the reasons I have been a nolyer for years. Even with base, I still burn. Any suggestions appreciated thanks.

Is there a particular brand that is better for those with extremely sensitive scalp? This is one of the reasons I have been a nolyer for years. Even with base, I still burn. Any suggestions appreciated thanks.

Silk Elements is the brand of choice out of Sally's - u can do a search as many Lhcf'ers use it

I use Silk Element's Lye.

At Sally's they also carry Revlon Realisitic, Lusters, Hawaiian Silky, Motions, TCB, Proclaim, and Bantu in lye formulas (checked their site).

DITTO to Silk Elements Mild. That is hands down, the best relaxer I've ever used! ...or it could be that it's the best for a TEXLAX...

I used Silk Elements w/Shea Butter on my last touch up (purchased at Sally's way cheap) and just made sure to base my scalp heavily and protected my ends with olive oil. I had no problems.

Back