Self Relaxer Video Tutorial

*grabs a pack of Chex Mix before she clicks on the links*

yaassss i'm excited lol... thanks for sharing :grin:

Awesome tutorial!! I love the idea of using a sprush, where did you purchase? Is it only online?

your videos are great and excellently executed, and your hair is to die for, you are one of my main relaxed hair inspirations

You are gorgeous! And your hair is divine!! After watching the vid you seriously make me want to try the half and half method.

I like the idea of using 3 shower caps, because I have been trying to figure out for the longest how to relax in sections without getting the other half wet... Thanks again for your videos

This was so helpful, I've wanted to relax my own hair for a while but i've been so scared and clueless on how. I'm definitely trying this on the next touchup.

I usually get my mom to relax my hair. Using this vid as a guide, I just might try self-relaxing again. The last time I tried it was disastrous :laugh:

I love the three baggie technique! I used to relax the front of my hair first, but after your video I relaxed the back first and it is so much easier.

Just did a practice dry run (practiced parting my hair and running a dry applicator along my new growth) the way you suggested. Got it down to 7 minutes for a half of head application. I should be ready for Tuesday. Thank you for making the video and being so detailed! Now after I relax my hair - I can sit under the steamer and do a serious deep conditioning treatment - so excited!

i love these videos. you do a great job. if i ever self relax again i have these techniques in mind. last time i self relaxed it was over three years ago and my hair was alot shorter. my concern with self relaxing now that my hair is longer was how i could get it all done in the 12 minutes i allow????

thanks to these vids, i now i know how to do it in sections!!!!

i am confident now that i can self relax if i wish and make it through my entire head. awesome!

do you rinse in a sink or shower?

I'll be self-relaxing for the first time (well I did it once 10 years ago) in the next few weeks and I'm so thankful for your tutorial! You make it look easy.

Thank you. I'm natural myself but I've found your video very informative and well done. I'll definitely recommend it to my sister and some of my relaxed friends. :yep:

Oh, and you hair is really beautiful !

Back