self-relaxed... now i'm scared

Lovelylocs

Please help! I am so scared. My roots feel a little dry. I don't usually air dry after my retouches. What do I do? It isnt straight. I am just afraid that I may have overlapped in a few areas. What do I do? Doing an aphogee treatment should make it revert, right? Should I just wash it tomorrow because they say u arent supposed to wash for 3 days so will washing tomorrow basically undo what was done?

Last edited:
Honey, I don't know what to tell you.

Are you sure you neutralized well and washed all the residue out?

You could put some oil on your roots (like Olive oil or something).

Or you could wash and do a moisturizing treatment.

I personally condition the day after my relaxer and don't experience any reversion. If my hair felt damaged or dry after relaxing, I would immediately slap on some moisturizing conditioner, bake it in under a bonnet dryer and rinse it out.

But I'm no expert ...I'd hate to advise you on something that could ruin your new relaxer.

Let me just say if the rest of the hair is great ... I don't know how much I would worry about the roots. The roots are the stronger part of the hair shaft since they are so new and haven't been subjected to multiple processes.

:ohwell:

Good luck.

girl, did you deep condition? and follow up with your regular hair wash day routine, if it feels dry and crunchy you may have overprocessed.

Lovelylocs said:
Please help! I am so scared. My roots feel a little dry. I don't usually air dry after my retouches. What do I do? It isnt straight. I am just afraid that I may have overlapped in a few areas. What do I do? Doing an aphogee treatment should make it revert, right? Should I just wash it tomorrow because they say u arent supposed to wash for 3 days so will washing tomorrow basically undo what was done?

Last time I relaxed I applied emergencee the day after with no reversion. If you feel the need to do a protein treatment perhaps you could use this.

Back