Self relaxed for the first time AHHHH!

mochac2001

My first post ever, I just self relaxed my hair for the first time. Long time lurker turn poster FINALLY! :yep: I am happy with the results and look forward to my journey from here. Ladies I am really working hard to find a regimen that works well for me.

I teach about 8 dance classes a week, and do lots of sweating. I need suggestions on tools to keep my hair out of my face. Plus great ways to keep the moisture.

I was hoping to see pics! :look::yep:

As for a regimen for high activity, it depends on your style. If you are looking to protective style, wigs and phony ponytails are great options because you can cowash often to remove sweat and not have to worry about your style being messed up with your dancing. Others rollerset and pincurl. I've also done four bantu knots during my workout, and spritz my hair with moisturizer beforehand and had nice waves the next day. I think trying to wear your hair down and straight regularly is a little ambitious though...HTH!

Congrats!! I have been self relaxing for almost a year now and I'm SO glad to not have to rely on salon stylists(haven't been inside a salon since). Doesn't it feel great?

Anyway, I've been wearing buns and wigs since then. It doesn't get much easier than a bun because you can wash your hair as often as you'd like (water=moisture) and just slick it into a bun using gel and a scarf to keep it smooth

Good for u. I just started self relaxing this year. Its a great feeling of having control

sent from Droid incredible II

No pics, no tips!!! Just kidding...you could try co washing ...I'm self relaxed bone straight and co wash every other day, poo wash once a week and I'm loving it:yep:

Had my eyes all ready to see pics..........*walks off"

syke, just playing.... There is no way to fight the sweat, your hair will turn into a puff ball by the end of the dance class... moisture that.:grin:

j/k

Last edited:
Girl, u know we're some pitcha junkies. Lol

Mobile phones are sexy too. <3 IPad ain't got chiz on me.

:congrats:and :welcome: mochac2001 in becoming a DIYer and your success in doing so.

Yes pics would be nice, real nice, hint, hint :click: :wink2: :prettyplease::prettyplease::prettyplease:

As per your question, I say don't bother flat ironing, waste of time. When working out, which I haven't lately :nono:, anyhow, I'd kept my hair up and the ends out to avoid getting wet. After letting it dry, moisturize and seal and wrap down with my silk scarf at night. My hair was okay but not the greatest.

Good luck and welcome to posting and providing pics. :grin:

Photos are coming about to co-wash and get ready for my dance week. Just purchased some spin pins and I love those, instead of ponytail holders or clips to keep my hair out of my face.

Back