Self-Installing Help! pics included!

ZkittyKurls

hello ladies,

I recently purchased some RHO afro kinky hair(realhairexclusive.com) and i wanted to have my stylist do my install. however, i was wondering if i can get some help from anyone to find out how to do it myself. I bought lengths 12-18 inches and the 18 inches reaches past bsl.

my questions are: the wefts are handtied and i wondering if i should sew around the weft rather than through it?

i wanted a full install with a tiny bit of the perimeter left out, so how should i braid my hair as well as sew it? in a circle?

im thinking as far as closing it off at the top it shouldnt be too noticeable since its really curly and would be big hair anyways. what so you think

please any advice would be appreciated, especially if i can save $125.:grin:

i have added some attachments of pics of the hair washed w some kinky curly know today. and the other pic was me taking pics of all the hair together(boredom and overexcitement).:drunk:

Attachments

• 17463833228_ORIG.jpg
    17463833228_ORIG.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 17463833240_ORIG.jpg
    17463833240_ORIG.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 17463833250_ORIG.jpg
    17463833250_ORIG.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 17463833281_ORIG.jpg
    17463833281_ORIG.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 17463833290_ORIG.jpg
    17463833290_ORIG.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
hello ladies,

I recently purchased some RHO afro kinky hair(realhairexclusive.com) and i wanted to have my stylist do my install. however, i was wondering if i can get some help from anyone to find out how to do it myself. I bought lengths 12-18 inches and the 18 inches reaches past bsl.

my questions are: the wefts are handtied and i wondering if i should sew around the weft rather than through it? Sew around, you can cause unnecessary shedding sewing through the weft...

i wanted a full install with a tiny bit of the perimeter left out, so how should i braid my hair as well as sew it? in a circle? you can braid in a circle which is good if you want a ponytail or braid in corn rows going back, either pattern will work. There are tons of youtube videos on self installing, closing a weave and braid patterns you can check out...

im thinking as far as closing it off at the top it shouldnt be too noticeable since its really curly and would be big hair anyways. what so you think

please any advice would be appreciated, especially if i can save $125.:grin:

The hair looks gorgeous :yep: see my replies above...

:clapping: thank you!! when you start off sewing the track, what do you do to secure it, do you just sew around it a couple of times until its tight?
thank you for your advice!!

I love this hairstyle.

There are loads of Youtube vids. I think Ms Chanda is the best but she mainly does a full weave, you could probabaly skip the closure. She does not use the kinky weave tho

also, i was thinking if i wanted to braid going straight back, should i do a perimeter braid? and i have different inches so i know the 18 in and 16in could go at the bottom, but as far as the 14 and 12 in at the top, i mainly want the 12inches in the front for a bang like in the third pic.should i go in a circle with the 14in.(3 pieces) and then close the top with the 12in and add the 12 for the front perimeter as well? :perplexed i know its starting to sound complicated, so u can ask for more clarification. thank you! you ladies are so insightful! :grin:

i have an outline of how i would like the install to go in my head. lol bare with me i cant draw to save my life.:lachen: in the picture its kind of color coded. the brown is the braids going straight back. in the front the blue is the perimeter braid. the orange or red is the 18 and 16 inch going across back in forth. the green is the 14inches going around in a circle and the pink(magenta) is the 12in as the closure and going along the perimeter braid.

please let me know if this will work or not or if there are any changes that can be made, i usually need a blueprint and a visual in front of me to stay on top of things.

thanks!

Attachments

• outline.jpg
    outline.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 32
Hi!

Just saw your message. I agree with Kami. You need to sew around the weft and not through it. That would definitely cause shedding. Also, the circular pattern with hair left out around the edges would work for this style, especially if you plan to wear it up.

Good luck!

Back