Self-improvement

LifeafterLHCF

I have a question ladies that those of the Christian faith can help me with. Ok so I want to improve on myself alot. I'm overweight,don't feel very good about myself in terms of career,money,and relationships. I have always been a bit torn about self improvement as I don't want to be one of those who are just chasing after things with no real fruit and I believe that God does what he wants in spite of what I want most of the time.

June I want to embark on a great self improvement project. Kick my weight loss efforts up,start really focusing on getting into a MBA program,learn a new language,and just make myself better overall. I don't think I totally suck right now but I sorta do.

I know that one should try to be all they can be but I'm just so torn on being self focused rather than God focused when it comes to goals. Like in the bible it states one shouldn't think that I'm going to do this or that rather if it's God's will I will do this or that.

Help me out here ladies.

I think its great that ur working on urself & I believe that God wants us as our best; so its no harm in focusing on urself. However, I do believe that helping others in the process is fulfulling too! Maybe ur life changing ways might inspire others & therefore help people.

Btw... what language did u want 2 learn?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

I want to learn Spanish badly. I know it would help me alot in finding better jobs and it will allow me to speak to other people. I had a guy in my office this past week that I really wanted to encourage but couldn't because I don't know Spanish.

I think you are making the mistake of thinking being self-focused and God focused can never over lap. If God has opportunities out there for you, then go out and get them. He has those for you. In terms of appearance. I remember my pastor saying that taking care of yourself is making sure you are in shape for the work God has for you. He said many people in his congregation needed to lose weight because they probably couldn't do half the programs he wanted the church to do because they were out of shape.

I am constantly improving myself because in order to be a servant for God you have to be the best that you can be. Once I have my Master, are making more money, have a greater social network etc I know there is ever more things I can do for my community.

If God REALLY doesn't think you should be doing something, he will let you know.

Thank both of you ladies. I guess I have been so scared to really push out and do what I feel because I feel like being a Christian one isn't suppose to be so focused on being great but greatness can't come if you don't work for it.

If you are truly focusing on God, you have no choice but to improve on yourself. God wants us to come as we are not to stay as we are.

Here are something to thing about to get you started:
1. Understand who God is and the role He has in your life.
2. Know where you are currently
3. Discover who you are (likes, dislike, hobbies, talents etc.)
3. Find out what your purpose in life is? What does God want you to do?

(Even the list is numbered those processes are not doing to occur in order. Some are going to take longer to find out than others, some you may already know)

LovingLady love your location that is soo cute.

You bring up so awesome good points. I'm glad I posted this question because it has been perplexing for a min and it has slowed me down from trying along with being fearful and I know God didn't give me a spirit of fear but a sound mind. Time to get in motion.

I have a question ladies that those of the Christian faith can help me with. Ok so I want to improve on myself alot. I'm overweight,don't feel very good about myself in terms of career,money,and relationships. I have always been a bit torn about self improvement as I don't want to be one of those who are just chasing after things with no real fruit and I believe that God does what he wants in spite of what I want most of the time.

June I want to embark on a great self improvement project. Kick my weight loss efforts up,start really focusing on getting into a MBA program,learn a new language,and just make myself better overall. I don't think I totally suck right now but I sorta do.

I know that one should try to be all they can be but I'm just so torn on being self focused rather than God focused when it comes to goals. Like in the bible it states one shouldn't think that I'm going to do this or that rather if it's God's will I will do this or that.

Help me out here ladies.
What a great thread sis! God wants us to look good and feel good about ourselves and our endeavors. He delights in our efforts to learn and grow!

My advice would be to try and do 1 thing at a time. Sometimes when I'm trying to do too many things at once, I find that I never accomplish what I started out to do and then get frustrated because I have to start all over again.

Start off with a list of goals and number them of their importance to you right now. If you get to one that is really hard, walk away from it (if you can) and start on an easier one. Then, go back to that one and purpose in your heart to do it...no matter what.

As you accomplish each one, check it off and continue on to the next. Once you begin this way, it will make it easier for you to do all that your heart desires.

I will be praying for you and may just begin a list for myself soon....:yep:. There are a few things I would love to do right now that I have been procrastinating on.

Back