Seeking:Long Hair Ladies

HeChangedMyName

seeking:tall ladies with long hair. Because height makes a difference as to where 10" hair or 6" hair falls on the body. I'm looking for some inspiration. How tall are you? What is your hair length in inches? Where does your hair fall? CBL, APL, MBL, etc.?

I'm 5'9" and my hair is about 7-7.5" and it is right at collar bone on the sides, the front comes down to the bottom of my nose, and the back comes just about four inches below my neck.

580786_10151085641407138_25339217_n.jpg

Present! Im 5'8 and 1/4....yes...it matters:grin:

I am right at BSL...like...right on it.

I took a pic for a length check the other day...without a bra...it looks like i need one or 2 inches to claim MBL.

As far as inches go...im around 15 inches long. From nape to end.

Sent from my N860 using LHCF

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120831_001542.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120831_001542.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
I'm 5'8 and I've been maintaining at HL. I plan to go to TBL. My hair is about 31-32" inches long from the hairline. I honestly wasn't really concerned about how tall I was when it came to hair growing. I just did it.

seeking:tall ladies with long hair. Because height makes a difference as to where 10" hair or 6" hair falls on the body. I'm looking for some inspiration. How tall are you? What is your hair length in inches? Where does your hair fall? CBL, APL, MBL, etc.?

not necessarily. In a thread (and I'm 5'4 3/4 almost 5'5 :grin: ) My torso was the same length as a 5'8/5'9 member. We all started measuring because my theory was that unless you're say 5'11 or so...it's all in the legs unless you have a long or short torso. We both had average torsos.

So my short self and her modelesque height will have hair that all falls at about the same area.

I'm 5`9 when my hair was relaxed it was wl, idk how many inches but it took me about 2.5 years to get to there from sl. All I ever wore was buns, and I probably straightened my hair 4x. I'm natural now but hopefully it takes about the same amount of time.

:lol: at the 5'8 shorties that think they are tall,:look: j/k. people can be any height and have long, short, or average legs, necks or torsos. 5'11 and haven't measured when i flat-ironed i'll post. I thin my torso and legs are average for my height.:yep: this holds my spot.

southerncitygirl;[B said:
16738717]:lol: at the 5'8 shorties that think they are tall,:look: j/k.[/B] people can be any height and have long, short, or average legs, necks or torsos. 5'11 and haven't measured when i flat-ironed i'll post. I thin my torso and legs are average for my height.:yep: this holds my spot.

*Gasp* blasphemy!!!! :lol:

I'm 6' and I have waist length hair and it took me 3 1/2 years to get there i measure my hair from the top of my ears and it is 20 inches. The pic below is partially shrunken hair, it got rained on after a flat iron:

IMG_20120416_194820.jpg

Thanks ladies for sharing with us, im 5'6 and sometimes feel like amazon, not that i mind :grin:. ...because so many women are like 5'3... Its nice to hear some of you have gotten to waist & hip length while being tall too....i believe i do have a long torso, but hopefully that wont slow down my road to waistlength that much.

Even if a taller woman (like myself) has an extra inch or two to gain before reaching a milestone, that's only a couple months (not an extra year) of hair-growing. The average torso is nearly the same, whether 5'2 or 5'9. Having to grow an extra inch compared to a shorty should be no big deal - if you're serious about it.

Now, if you're 6'5 and you're measuring your hair against someone who's 4'9...:lol:

But for all of us who are between 5' and 6' - the difference is negligible.

I'm 5'8. When my hair was bsl/mbl earlier this year it blended perflectly with my 16" extensions.
I think 18-20 inches on me is waist.
22 inches is around hip.

Im 5'8. I measure from my nape. It was about 18"-19" for me to reach wl.

And I need about 3 or 4 more inches for hl.

5'9 but I've never measured my hair in inches. Never saw the need. I just prefer the pictures to see progress. :grin:
I think the end of December I should be kissing WL.

Thanks for all your input ladies. Being newly natural, I'm interested to see what my hair will be lme beyond 10-12". That is the longest my hair got when I was relaxed. Then i barely touched APL. MY SHRINKAGE IS AMAZING!

Even if a taller woman (like myself) has an extra inch or two to gain before reaching a milestone, that's only a couple months (not an extra year) of hair-growing. The average torso is nearly the same, whether 5'2 or 5'9. Having to grow an extra inch compared to a shorty should be no big deal - if you're serious about it.

Now, if you're 6'5 and you're measuring your hair against someone who's 4'9...:lol:

But for all of us who are between 5' and 6' - the difference is negligible.

Exactly it's the exteme height differences in the 4's and close to the 6' that will have the difference but for those in the range of 5'2-5-9/5'10 are going to be pretty close to the same (unless they have long torsos or short tors0s). Get this: a tall woman with long legs and a short torso will have less time to get to hip than a short women like me with an average torso (go figure !)

MariposaSexyGirl is 5'8 and hip is 32" on her
Constance is 5'5 (almost 5'6) and hip is 32" on her
and guess what I'm 5'4 (haven't updated my pics but I'm hip already) and hip is 31 3/4 on me (gasp a huge 1/4 inch difference)!

I only bring this up because I don't want anyone thinking they have a "harder" time than others. or this becoming another way to divide: ...short versus tall lol. Like your growth doesn't = my growth lol!

I saw a thread where someone jokingly said that a midget would get there way faster as way to make themselves feel better that someone grew to amazing lengths super fast because that person was shorter (it wasn't here it was on another hair site). When in fact, they probably have the same torso so I was like :look: ...uhmmm yeah. Just give her her props and kim. And on the other end (it's the libra in me that weighs both sides)...I don't want someone whose tall thinking why bother (if they're a newbie)...it's going to take forever when infact if you have healthy hair practices (and retain)...it will take approx the same time.

I think it's best to focus on just growing and getting there without adding complications and thinking it's impossible, or going to take a long time. It will take as long as necessary and before you know it with healthy hair practices we'll all get there.

Last edited:
Thanks for all your input ladies. Being newly natural, I'm interested to see what my hair will be lme beyond 10-12". That is the longest my hair got when I was relaxed. Then i barely touched APL. MY SHRINKAGE IS AMAZING!

Check out some of the ladies here...there are some with 80% shrinkage. I understand as a natural that you want your length to show (at least sometimes lol)! It's the reason I changed my goal from waist to hip and now that I'm here, it's changed to classic (or cut back to tbl if that is too much for m frame).

Check out some of the ladies here...there are some with 80% shrinkage. I understand as a natural that you want your length to show (at least sometimes lol)! It's the reason I changed my goal from waist to hip and now that I'm here, it's changed to classic (or cut back to tbl if that is too much for m frame).

I actually enjoy my shrinkage. It allows my hair to grow without the threat of scrubbing on my clothing. Plus it fools the heck out of people who think I still have a twa but oh when you stretch it. . .:lick: lol it goes from maybe 1.5-2" to 7"

Let's see. I'm 6ft tall...I have a long torso...I have a long neck...I have a big head...... Hmm, what can I use as an excuse? LOL. I'm just teasing ladies. :grin:

Back