Seeking a new Lye Relaxer

joib

Hi ladies,

After spending a number of hours searching for a new LYE Relaxer I decided to post a new thread for help. I plan to use it on my 18 year old sister and myself. We are currently texlaxed and plan to stay that way. She (my sister) has hair past her shoulders and it is too dry. I think we both would benefit from a LYE relaxer but I am confused which one is best. Neither one of us want:burning: heads. Help us please.:look:. Sorry I forgot to say what we currently use- Profectiv- mild

Last edited:
Nairobi and it doesn't burn at all, leaves my hair feeling soooooooooooo good. I use regular.

Wow, thanks ladies. I will do some more homework on the lye relaxers. It looks like Silk Elements and Mizani Butter Blends seems to be the favorites. Can I just use the one I pick on her next touch-up or do I need to do some "special" preparation? I would like to use it on the ng only.

Wow, thanks ladies. I will do some more homework on the lye relaxers. It looks like Silk Elements and Mizani Butter Blends seems to be the favorites. Can I just use the one I pick on her next touch-up or do I need to do some "special" preparation? I would like to use it on the ng only.
This is how I do mine w/ Silk Elements.
I base my scalp really well and coat the already relaxed part of my hair with conditioner (I usually use Porosity Control).

I will say the first time I used it I obviously didn't base my scalp well enough and I was looking like :couchfire:

Whatever you choose.....put it on the ng only......no special preparation needed.

I switched from Elasta QP to MBB and just put it on my new growth. All of my hair came out silky soft. I have the whole MBB line which includes the "butter base" for your scalp..........I didn't use it.(lazy:look:) And no my scalp didn't burn. (now I think I don't need the base)
I did use the rest of the line.

I use ORS lye normal (I wish they had a mild) and I really like it but if I had to change I'll probably try the Butter Blend...it's on my list.

HAWAIIAN SILKY, all the way!!!!! i used silk elements, it burned the MESS out of my scalp; even when i thoroughly based my scalp. hawaiian silky has NEVER burned my hair, and i've used it for my past 4 touch ups. plus it processes all the way.

but i wouldn't suggest the hawaiian silky neutralizing shampoo. it stinks. use the ORS creamy aloe shampoo :yep:

HAWAIIAN SILKY, all the way!!!!! i used silk elements, it burned the MESS out of my scalp; even when i thoroughly based my scalp. hawaiian silky has NEVER burned my hair, and i've used it for my past 4 touch ups. plus it processes all the way.

but i wouldn't suggest the hawaiian silky neutralizing shampoo. it stinks. use the ORS creamy aloe shampoo :yep:

Hey there,

I am getting a relaxer next month and will be using the HS that you mentioned(the no mix lye one) and wanted to know if you use a neutralizing shampoo at all when you rinse your relaxer? Is the creamy aloe poo also a neutralizing shampoo? I checked sally's for the relaxer and they did not carry it. I am trying C&P this weekend for it though.

My dh is going to help me apply the relaxer and I am just trying to get all of my steps and products down before taking the plunge.

ETA: I goggled the shampoo and saw on amazon where it states that it neutralizes the hair.

Last edited:
Back