Sedu Shopping Spree?

kenkaikim

My daughter is itching to get a relaxer, but I refuse to go that route right now, so I am going to try to straighten her hair. She got it done at the salon twice before. The first time it looked great and it was so soft. The second time, not so much.

Anyway, I will be purchasing a blow dryer, a flat iron and some of that Sabino that I've been hearing so much about. I plan to go the Sedu route. I am eyeing the Sedu Revolution Tourmaline Ionic 4000i and the 1 inch flat iron.

Okay, finally getting to the question, do you think these high end products are necessary to achieve great results, or do you think it's more about technique?

I will be really pissed if I spend all of that money and still end up with less than desirable results. Would you go ahead and get the Sedu products, or first try lower priced products?

Last edited:
I would have to say its more about technique. Especially since I used a $25 flat iron from Walmart and got the same results as I have with my Sedu. :yay: I am a Sedu owner :grin: and I love it. However, there is a difference between the quality and outcomes of different less expensive irons. If you want to invest, Sedu is my recommendation. But if you want to hold off on making that purchase, I recommend checking out the Vidal Sassoon Answer flat iron available at some Walmart and Ulta. I purchased it because it has solid ceramic plates which is suppose to be better than ceramic coating for the hair. I don't think there is another less expensive flat iron available that offers that. So I'm not saying that any flat iron will do but the VS one is really, really good.

I would venture to say the same for blowdryers. Do a search on PinkSkates tension technique. It's amazing.

I think whatever purchase you make you definitely want items that are
ceramic, ionic, or tourmaline and don't forget about heat protectors!

Last edited:
Thanks. Yeah, I checked out Pinkskates tension technique already and I plan to use it. I have been searching this forum like crazy trying to get information about technique, products and instruments used. I even read your review for the VS flat iron yesterday. That's one reason I was questioning my decision to get the Sedu.

I plan to use Sabino Moisture Block as a heat protectant.

i think you have to spend the money to get great results. i used a cheap flat iron for years and thought it was good until i spent the money on an FHI and CHI. best money ever spent for me.

I got the Sedu because I plan to use it a long time and I am sure of the quality. I didn't get the latest model, I got the 2008 model that was a part of an entire package. I know it's worth the money for me because I will be doing my own hair most of the time. The kit I got was the same price as 2 - 4 trips to the salon depending on the services. I also don't have to worry about the Sedu pulling my hair out like some irons do when the ceramic coating wears off with time...

Its really a matter of personal choice.

I got the Sedu because I plan to use it a long time and I am sure of the quality. I didn't get the latest model, I got the 2008 model that was a part of an entire package. I know it's worth the money for me because I will be doing my own hair most of the time. The kit I got was the same price as 2 - 4 trips to the salon depending on the services. I also don't have to worry about the Sedu pulling my hair out like some irons do when the ceramic coating wears off with time...

Its really a matter of personal choice.

I was looking for the kit that you got but I can't find it. Where did you get yours?

I was looking for the kit that you got but I can't find it. Where did you get yours?
They have an extra $20.00 off of orders over $100.00

http://www.folica.com/?s_cid=121808d202

http://www.folica.com/brands/sedu_140.html

I'm looking for the set I got and I can't find it just now and I have to run... I'll check my email right quick...

ETA:

I found the link:

I called and had the substitute a 1" iron for the 1.5 inch iron. Plus you can get an extra $20.00 off girl ! You can't beat that with a stick!

http://www.folica.com/folica_hottest_gifts.html?s_cid=121208hd4 <scroll down to the bottom>

http://www.folica.com/shop/catalog....Product_Code=002549&Attributes=Yes&Quantity=1

Last edited:
Try solia, I recently received my sedu and cannot stand how hot the edges get that hold the plates. This really bothered me. So, needless to say I'm sending it back and sticking to my solia.

here's another vote for the solia. i don't own a sedu though, so maybe my vote doesn't count as much.

according to pinkskates the dryer isn't a big issue as long as it is 1800 watts, but i know i love how straight my hair gets when i use sabino and a solia. this past weekend i used my stupid old walmart hair dryer and everything turned out fine.

I practiced tonight on my daughters hair. I ended up blow drying with my old dyer, but I did it the way pinkskates does it, the tension method. Oh my goodness, it made a big difference. But I used the sorry flat iron that I've had for about 10 years (no lie). I hardly ever used it before. Anyway, my results were not that great. Her ends still looked puffy. She is happy though!

Last edited:
Back