Sedu review - with CHI/Sedu comparison pics

Both sides looked great to me. But one thing for sure... I think we are hair twins... I am just 6 months into my transition, but I think my hair is just like yours... somewhere in the 4s and no where in the 3s.:lol: Can't wait to see the rest of your pics.

Thanks for posting this review. I think both sides look really great as well. I want to purchase one of the two but I don't really know which one to purchase. Overall which one do you like the best?

GlamourGirl said:
Thanks for posting this review. I think both sides look really great as well. I want to purchase one of the two but I don't really know which one to purchase. Overall which one do you like the best?

Dang it's really hard to tell right now. Today, I didn't wash my hair just to see how it would be later on in the day. The Sedu side is reverting much faster than the Chi side. I am going to keep it just because there is no way I will be able to fully test it within 1 month (Folic's return policy). But IF I had to pick one today ... it would be the Chi.

DivaNDistress said:
Both sides looked great to me. But one thing for sure... I think we are hair twins... I am just 6 months into my transition, but I think my hair is just like yours... somewhere in the 4s and no where in the 3s.:lol: Can't wait to see the rest of your pics.

Thank you!

My album link and password is in my profile. Take a look. Yeah ... we might be hair twins. But the true test is what products we like. :D

Precious_1 said:
Your hair looks really nice, so whats the verdict? Chi or Sedu? which one do you like best?

Thank you Precious. If I had to pick today ... it would be the Chi. The Chi side is not reverting as much as the Sedu side. But I'm sure if I was fully relaxed I would like the Sedu much better. That's why I am just going to keep it because I seems that it silkens the hair more than it straightens it ... if that makes any sense.

Thanks for sharing and your hair looks good. It looks like the Chi got to the roots better also, but if it left you w/burnt smelling hair I'd say becareful.

the same thing happened to me when i typed in my sedu review. I had to redo it cause the damn site logged me off! oh well, i'm happy to meet another sedu owner

Hmm, interesting. I'm in the market for a new flat iron and I had my mind made up that I was buying a Chi. Then I saw some really good reviews of the Sedu. I'm still not sure which one to get...

Thank you for the compliments everyone!!

Beautiful ... I will be careful with the burning smell thing. I usually get that with all the irons that I have use but the Sedu didn't give that burn smell. That's one thing I like about it but it just isn't good for getting my 4b 3-year-old new growth straight.:ohwell:

I am going to keep it but just use it when I finally relax (whenever that is).

Oh yeah ... two days later and the Chi side is holding up pretty good and the Sedu side's roots are breaking through. :lol:

What temp. did u use the sedu? The first and last time I used it it left my hair straight yet puffy but then again I was scared to turn up the heat.

Kari107 said:
What temp. did u use the sedu? The first and last time I used it it left my hair straight yet puffy but then again I was scared to turn up the heat.

I had to turn it all the way up. I tried a couple of lower settings and my new growth laughed at it. I always have to set all of my irons on the highest setting. I wonder if that means I have coarse/resistant hair? Does anyone know?

Back