sedu .5 inch flatiron question

deborah11

For those that use the sedu .5 can you please answer this question for me. I just purchased the .5 sedu flatiron and the temperature ranges from 250-410 degrees. I also purchased the 1.5 sedu flat iron aboout 2 years ago and the temperature range on that one is much lower and goes up only to 240 or so, at the highest.

Does anyone use the sedu .5 ? I am concerned that I might need to return this as 250 seems very high to me. I wanted a flat iron to use that will allow me to get close to my roots as I am 5 months post texturizer. I however don't want to damage my hair. Has anyone been able to use this flatiron without damaging your hair? Is 250 to high to use on hair? Please give me your thoughts. Thanks a bunch.

Doesn't your iron have an adjustable temperature setting? Mine does - I have the 1.5 inch one. If the temperature doesn't adjust I'd return it. I personally have never gone over 200-220 and I have 4A hair.

Check and see if its farenheit (sp?) or celsius. Check each one because I have a gold n hot electric pressing comb, and when I was checking them out at diff bss, even tho they were all by the same company they varied, some were celsius, some werent. 240 F is about 115 C.

Last edited:
I know that 1' and 1.5'' Sedu's use celsius....not farenheit...

I didn't know that they made a .5 iron...how much was it and where did you get it from????

hunnybunny81 said:
I know that 1' and 1.5'' Sedu's use celsius....not farenheit...

I didn't know that they made a .5 iron...how much was it and where did you get it from????

You can find both at www.folica.com. they offer free shipping as well.

Back