Sectioning to detangle??

Pretty1008

So I've been hearing a lot of women say they do just about everything to their hair in sections (styling, hot oil treatments etc..) I'm lazy and I have been meaning to utilize this method for a few weeks now:

So... I was wondering If any of you ladies use the "sectioning method" to apply conditioner and detangle. If so, is it any easier or harder than the "whole head method"? Has it helped you have less shedding/breakage???

I have to section. My hair is very tangly, compact and spongy.

Aint no way I'm going to be able to do ANYTHING to my hair without working in sections. Detangling without sectioning? Oh, wow, I wouldn't even attempt that one... and my hair isn't even long :lol:

It's easier to get good product coverage over every single hair :yep: That's a good thing... no missed spots.

I have never dealt with my hair as a whole. When I was getting ready to press my hair, I conditioned in twists for the protein part, then later when it was all out, I applied conditioner to sections exactly as you would relaxer, combing each section through before I moved to the next. I

I rarely need to detangle coz I keep my hair detangled in braids/twists, but when I was getting ready to press it, I had to undo all of it and it was the first time in years I dealt with it all out like this:
rabouttorinsebeforeflatironing-vi.jpg

I couldn't have managed it as a whole. Plus I'm anal about getting every strand coated with conditioner, so working in sections works best for me.

Sections is the way to go. Once you reach shoulder length hair it's probably time to start working with your hair in sections.

Sectioning is definitely best. You don't feel overwhelmed and you reach moree spots. Plus you definitely save more hair. Doing big parts isn't good. Its way easier. No crying afterwards either. LOL!!!

I can honestly say, washing conditioning and DCing in sections is one of the top reasons my hair is grazing MBL right now, and its not a choice, its either that, or watch my hair tangle up and break off to SL.

Washing my hair fully loose aint happenin. Sectioning has helped me tremendously with detangling, conditioning and limiting breakage and like Neith said, with product distribution throughout the whole head.

When its been braided fully detangled, it'll stay that way, saves alot of time and headaches.

Last edited:
I do everything in sections. I have thick hair and this is the only way I can apply product without missing spots. I detangle small sections of hair to reduce resistance and its faster too.

I am definitely gonna start using this method, because I am a 2 or 3 inches past shoulder length, and I wanna reach APL a.s.a.p. Thanks ladies!!!:grin:

My hair is super thick. I can't not section my hair to detangle. I was sectioning b4 I found LHCF. I usually divide my hair into fourths. But I guess how many sections would depend on the thickness and length of your hair.

Back