Secrets of Dominican Salons in NY

Lanna Cannon

I know that many Dominican Salons in NYC have clients with really long and healthy hair. I was wondering if anyone knows what techniques and products they use to help the ladies get their hair so long and full (I'm looking for the best dominican conditioner I can get to help me get longer and fuller hair in the least amount of time).

I know that many Dominican Salons in NYC have clients with really long and healthy hair. I was wondering if anyone knows what techniques and products they use to help the ladies get their hair so long and full (I'm looking for the best dominican conditioner I can get to help me get longer and fuller hair in the least amount of time).

No Big Secret. It taking good care of your hair. They do use good Moisturizing Conditioners from lines like Kuz, Capilo and Alter Ego, Emergencia etc. It all depends on how you take care of your hair. I went to the Dominican on the regular and I ended up with thin dry hair. My hair started growing when I started taking good care of it myself. If you keep doing your research on here and apply the basics which are: Deep conditioning, Moisture, Protein when needed and Protective styling. You will have that healthy long flowing hair you seek. HHG

C

I love my Dominican Salon, I dont think there is a specific "secret" because I had the same result when I went to my old hairdresser (black). What I did notice is the DS I went to years ago did the regular wash, condition, set, blowdry, and bumped with curling iron (Im not sure what products they used I was young). The salon I go to in the Bronx is my favorite sometimes I bring my own products but I dont mind if they use theirs, their products are mostly from Spain and Italy. They wash, condition under the steamer, roller set using silicon mix leave in, and dry under the pibbs, the end step depends on the client I get my roots blown out and my hair wrapped. My hair always feels wonderful.

I dont allow them to use oil sheen spray, I noticed she used a product called La Una (Italian)

Just a sidenote, all Dominican Salons aren't the same, the salon camio appear at in Philly does the regular wash and set, but I always bring my own products, after the curlers are out, they blow dry the hair,(but not like in NY, where they blow dry and achieve the style), then Flat iron with a 2 inch Flat Iron, then Flat iron again with a small flat iron to curl the hair, after this they do pin curls, and spray (holding spray and oil sheen :perplexed)

sorry my post is so long i just got excited when I saw it was something I can reply to

Sorry noticed you are looking for conditioners also I use Miss Keys 10 en 1. you can go to Roundbrushhair.com and see other products you may favor, there is another online site but I can't remember the name of it hopefully one of the ladies will chime in

Back