Sealing...

LadyCee

Wat oil do you use after you put moisturizer on ur hair whether t be for baggying or just to put a scarf on at nite? Which works best for dry/fragile/thin/brittle ends...

castor oil
olive oil
etc...

I used to use Olive oil but stopped and now I usually seal with Hollywood Beauty Carrot Oil
92_1.jpg
:)

if i've just washed i use almond or coconut cause they're nice and light but if its after adding a moisturiser on dry hair then EVOO as it's heavier...

I tried sealing with oil and my hair was a hot mess!!!. I found a thread where some ladies seal with petroleum jelly. I tried it and it is wonderful.

I use Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil. I love this stuff! It has a nice blend of oils in it - olive, castor, sesame seed, jojoba, carrot, and sweet almond oil.

Ingredients:
Soy Bean Oil , Walnut Seed Oil , Kiwi Fruit Extract , Olive Fruit Oil , Castor Seed Oil , Sesame Seed Oil , Jojoba Seed Oil , Carrot Seed Oil , Sweet Almond Oil , Tocopheryl Acetate , Safflower Oil , Calendula Extract , Yarrow Extract , Cucumber Extract , Carrageenan Extract , Ginseng Extract , Sage Extract , Comfrey Extract , Aloe Extract , Fragrance

279365.jpg

I have been sealing after I have shampooed and conditioned my hair. I don't know if that's the right thing to do. I hear some of you are applying oil to dry hair, before it is wet or shampooed. I bought castor oil and the directions read to apply the castor oil and shampoo at the same time and wash it out. How do I know when to apply the oil to dry hair verses applying the oil to post-shampooed hair. Should I ever apply the oil to hair after it has been conditioned?

i seal with jamaican castor oil and it has been working really well. the thing is that you should only use a little bit because its thick but it does keep in the moisture for me.

i have tried other oils like coconut and vitamin e and they didnt do much for me.

Meli said:
I have been sealing after I have shampooed and conditioned my hair. I don't know if that's the right thing to do. I hear some of you are applying oil to dry hair, before it is wet or shampooed. I bought castor oil and the directions read to apply the castor oil and shampoo at the same time and wash it out. How do I know when to apply the oil to dry hair verses applying the oil to post-shampooed hair. Should I ever apply the oil to hair after it has been conditioned?

You can do whatever you like with the oil, to be honest with you. You just have to find out what your hair likes. Some people don't have good results putting oil on dry hair; others hate putting oil on wet hair. The point of "sealing" with an oil is to use it after a moisturizer, thereby "sealing" in the moisture with the oil. I moisturize my hair when wet (using leave-ins after washing) and dry (with my daily moisturizer), so I use oil on both wet & dry hair. You can also do hot oil treatments, where you add oil to dry or damp hair, let sit, and shampoo out.

I just started my good hair habits and my first attempt at sealing has worked perfectly. I used EVOO after applying ORS olive oil cream. I appiled everything (my leave-in, olive oil cream, and EVOO) on my wet hair before setting it. My hair has been soft and moisterized all week. (I do add more cream daily to the ends.) I think I'll keep up with this!!:D

Back