sealing your ends with the right products DOES make a difference!

ajargon02

So I have finally switched to my winter hair routine, and I am left wondering why this isn't my year round routine.
So I pulled out my aloe gelly after my mud wash & directly applied it to my length, focusing on my ends. I then added my creamy leave-in and sealed with my shea mix.
I am FINALLY learning for me & my hair, less is more!!
Since the aloe balances my hair thus closing the cuticle, not only do I have crazy curls popping, but I am retaining damn near all my growth.

From pj to simplicity is making a world of difference. I don't need "mixtures" I need to keep it simple & easy!

How many former pj's have discovered less is more & are reaping its benefits? Please share your story & post before & after pics If u have them. I will upload pics soon!

So I have finally switched to my winter hair routine, and I am left wondering why this isn't my year round routine.
So I pulled out my aloe gelly after my mud wash & directly applied it to my length, focusing on my ends. I then added my creamy leave-in and sealed with my shea mix.
Since the aloe balances my hair thus closing the cuticle, not only do I have crazy curls popping, but I am retaining damn near all my growth.

From pj to simplicity is making a world of difference. I don't need "mixtures" I need to keep it simple & easy!

How many former pj's have discovered less is more & are reaping its benefits? Please share your story & post before & after pics If u have them. I will upload pics soon!
Thank you for sharing this. Not only are you retaining length but also saving monies. Well I've never really been much of a product junkie to be honest.

But must try this aloe gel before sealing. Maybe doing so I won't need to apply so much moisturizer eh!

Last edited:

Update:

We'll I tried the aloe gel before sealing and have never looked back. My gosh I can finally detangle with ease (first time in almost 2 yrs since becoming natural) not to mention my hair stays moisturized for days now. And I am using less product (just aloe gel & rose water spritz & coconut oil to seal) in my hair now & less products in general plus saving tonnes of monies oh yea!!! So thank you very much @ajargon02 for this hair/money saving tip.

This is defo a keeper

Regards

Last edited:

Ha I have an Aloe plant. will start pampering my plant from now on.
Are you using raw aloe? Can I just use castor oil after the aloe instead of a conditioner leave in?

Are you using raw aloe? Can I just use castor oil after the aloe instead of a conditioner leave in?
You can use raw aloe. But, you will need to scrape the meat out and blend it till smooth. You can add vitamin E as a natural preservative, and you will have to keep it in the fridge. I only keep mine for 7-10 days and was making very small batches. You can seal with the oil of your choice afterwards and you will still get the same results

Thanks for sharing...it's fun finding out what your hair likes. I'm in that process now I'm having a ball....

I use both. I happen to have an aloe plant, and I find that the natural stuff seems to be stronger than the bottled stuff.
I dont measure, just eyeball it. I know my hair likes certain proteins so it'sok if I am heavy handed.
is if FOTE aloe gel?

Back