SEALING THE ENDS???

azul11

I was reviewing the crown and glory method and saw ends sealing. I read about it before but I never really paid it much mind till i saw den's post about sealing her ends using this method. has anyone tried this before? what was your results? /images/graemlins/confused.gif God bless you all.

I asked the same question too because I was reading information on that site. I didn't know den 1 did the method. So can you please tell me what non electric flat irons are ????? I have never seen flat irons that are not electric.

i think the non electric ones may be the ones you place on the fire like some of the hot combs. i could be wrong so i dont know. i havent tried the method so i was wondering if it had worked for anyone. do you think the heat from the electric and non electric would make any difference? /images/graemlins/confused.gif God bless you all.

I think you might fry your head off if you press the electric ones to aluminium foil. However, what if you turn the power off while pressing?

I'm not convinced about this method yet /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ladies,

Maybe the non-electric flat iron being referred to is the kind that hair stylists put in a little electric oven that looks like an oval. The flat irons themselves are not electric but you lay them in the oven to get them hot.

Maybe???!!!

This is done in some Dominican salons. Watching them do it is the only experience that I have had with it and having it done to me at the salon. I do not do it regularly. In the method they use, they apply a conditioner to the hair while it is dry and then wrap foil around the ends to about the middle of the hair. Then they press the conditioner into the ends with a heated appliance - ordinarily a regular electric flat iron. I found this eliminated breakage and help my ends stay moist and smooth for many days longer than they would ordinarily be if I just washed and set. I do it occasionally as a treat, but it's not a regular part of my regime.

I can't speak on non electric falt irons only because I've never heard of them.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I was reviewing the crown and glory method and saw ends sealing. I read about it before but I never really paid it much mind till i saw den's post about sealing her ends using this method. has anyone tried this before? what was your results? God bless you all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Azul,

It's definately a good method that I have tried and works well. It gave me a lot of moisture on my ends.

I tried this once, but I heard a sizzle when I did it. I don't want to fry my hair. What do y'all think?

Tracy,

Are you in New York or New Jersey? I go to a Dominican Salon in Manhattan. Do you know which ones do it there?

Tracy,

Hey, girl! Haven't "spoken" to you in a while.

Question: When you get your ends sealed at the salon, do they do this AFTER a roller set? (since you mentioned that they do it on dry hair)

see i get what tracy said but the hair lady had the hair wet which confused me a bit. and i think she used like ultra sheen. i dont know about trying this myself because i know i will get the technique wrong. what salons in nyc do this? wait is the conditioner a regular conditioner? i think this would be helpful because my ends are my main problem. /images/graemlins/frown.gif God bless you all.

I used to do this a lot but havent' it a while. It does work though. After shampoo/conditioner and before roller setting, I'd section the hair, dab some Ultra Sheen Creme-Pres (in the yellow jar) on the ends only, wrap the ends in foil and press a flatiron on it for only a second or two. (The "sizzle" you hear is only the steam from the heat on wet hair. To prevent damage, don't press for more than a couple of seconds.) After it cools, you remove the foil and roller set or wrap or whatever and it really does seal the moisture into your ends.

I'm a fanatic about my ends, almost obsessed with healthy, regularly trimmed ends and this method keeps the ends moisturized without feeling heavy. Now that I've been reminded, I'll start doing this again.

will this work on relaxed hair?? i am also assuming blue magic or vaseline will be just as good as the ultra sheen.

and a curling iron on the ends is just as good as the flat iron (which i dont have)

Pandora, my hair is relaxed. The process doesn't make the hair revert or anything. In fact, my ends come out straighter doing this than just roller setting alone. The Ultra Sheen has wax in it, which helps to seal the ends but doesn't make them feel heavy. I'm sure vaseline or some other petrolatum product would work too.

A curling iron would do the same thing as a flat iron. Just remember not to leave it on for more than a second so you don't fry your ends and defeat the whole purpose.

I do use this routine on a regular basis. I actually do it twice a week. It has really helped my ends alot. My ends feel much STRONGER and it has alot of MOISTURE.

I do it when my hair is wet and I use and electric flat iron. I hold the flat iron on the foil for 7 seconds.

I would recommend this to anybody.

was there any particular creme,conditioner,grease,oil you used on your hair? i think if i do this i will do this with the ultra sheen creme press since i believe it was recommended on the crown and glory site. i am so interested in trying this. God bless you all.

since someone was interested in this i thought i would bump it up. i havent done this myself and am still wondering what salons do this in nyc. but update do people still do this? God bless you all.

I tried this on my last shampoo. After shampooing and conditiong, I applied my regular leave in conditioner then ultra sheen's satin creme press to the ends, wrapped them in a pience of aluminum foil and went over the ends with my flat iron. I did this in about 4 or 5 different sections. I can't say that I noticed any improvement or extra softness, perhaps I used the wrong product because others have gotten good results. I will try it again just to make sure and report my results.

I am really interested in trying this. do you think this would work better on wet hair or dry? was worried for a second about electric flat irons and foil but since others tried it I will concider it safe. do you just to the tippy ends ( or a good amount (like 3 inches to ends or something)?

I was reviewing the crown and glory method and saw ends sealing. I read about it before but I never really paid it much mind till i saw den's post about sealing her ends using this method. has anyone tried this before? what was your results? God bless you all.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of the best things you can do for your hair, conditioning wise. Thanks for posting this Azul.

godzooki said:
I am really interested in trying this. do you think this would work better on wet hair or dry? was worried for a second about electric flat irons and foil but since others tried it I will concider it safe. do you just to the tippy ends ( or a good amount (like 3 inches to ends or something)?

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple"> From what I understand it's supposed to be done on wet hair, just after you've finished washing and conditioning, I applied my leave in and then the creme press, I imagine you could also use a regular conditioner, Wild Growth oil (my fave!) or any other moisturizing product in place of the creme press. I applied it to 3/4 of the lower half of my hair, which was like 4 or 5 inches, put the foil on each section and then ran the flat iron over each section holding for 5-7 seconds. </font>

do you style your hair as normal? or do you airdry? how often do you do this? i may do this once i am out of braids.

let me see if i am getting this correct,

after washing and conditioning on wet hair apply a leave in and a heavy oil. so say i use herbal essence conditioner and then wgo on wet hair to the ends apply foil and place flat iron on the hair for a couple of seconds.

i think someone asked to you use different pieces of foil or do you use the same foil.

do you wash this out or just style as usual?
confused.gif
confused.gif
God bless you all.

Blkmane
wave.gif
Hi mama,

Sorry I missed this question - I never saw it! They do it before the rollerset - as sort of an intensive preshampoo....

HTH
smile.gif

Carmen
wave.gif
again, I missed this...my apologies....
frown.gif

The salon I've had it done in is in BK - Las Estrellas on Argyle Road in Brooklyn - off church avenue. The D train to Church is the closest means of public transportation. It's about 7 or 8 blocks from there - if that.

HTH
smile.gif

Back