Sealants For The Wintertime

Nouvelle

What are some good butters or oils that work well for wintertime sealing? I've heard things about coconut oil freezing in one's hair and causing breakage. Also, would castor oil or raw shea butter still work in the wintertime? Thanks in advance:)

Coconut oil freezes my hair during the winter period so I tend to switch to a mixture of Jojoba and black Jamaican castor oil.

JBCO all the way!!!! I have never tried coconut oil but JBCO makes my hair very soft and moisturized. I use it all year round as my hair is thick so it doesn't make the hair heavy.

Qhemets Amla pomade, that is before they changed the formula and started using coconut oil. now I can't use it. I was retaining my ends wonderfully with that product. I wish they would go back to the original formula.

Other than that, JBCO and Sheabutter. I bet the 2 mixed together would be great.

MHC Sophia's Hair Grease. Add sheabutter and or avocodo oil to it and it's really nice for the ends.

Avocado Butter
Hairveda Green-tea Butter & Oils
Claudies Hair & End Treatment #1 or 2 (Contains oils & Butters etc)
Afroveda Oils
KBB Oil
Shesentit Butters

When nonthing works.JBCO

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Qhemets Amla pomade, that is before they changed the formula and started using coconut oil. now I can't use it. I was retaining my ends wonderfully with that product. I wish they would go back to the original formula.

Other than that, JBCO and Sheabutter. I bet the 2 mixed together would be great.

MHC Sophia's Hair Grease. Add sheabutter and or avocodo oil to it and it's really nice for the ends.

I think i'm gonna do that this winter...thanks for the idea!!!:grin::yep:

Coconut oil freezes my hair during the winter period so I tend to switch to a mixture of Jojoba and black Jamaican castor oil.

Thanks for recommending this:) I just got a bottle of JBCO sometime last week and I'll try mixing this up a little.

I use mango butter, pistachio butter, sweet almond butter, macademia nut butter and avocado butter in the winter. They're great!

Avocado Butter
Hairveda Green-tea Butter & Oils
Claudies Hair & End Treatment #1 or 2 (Contains oils & Butters etc)
Afroveda Oils
KBB Oil
Shesentit Butters

When nonthing works.JBCO

Happy Hair Growing!

I looked this up, and could not find it online. Can you post a link, please.

I'm using coconut oil and it doesn't freeze in my hair, but it does harden when I'm out in the cold. It feels like I used a gel or something but once I get indoors it's fine.

Here's a great combo for the winter

MuruMuru Butter,a little shea butter and JBCO:drunk: Keeps my so moisturized in the winter.

I'm sticking with coconut oil. It gets hard but I'm only out in the cold long enough to walk to my car. I feel like its protecting my hair when it does that.

i will be using:
shea butter
castor oil
shea amla butter
cocasta oil

and a mix of butter and oils that i will make myself. i will also be using styling butters and creams like hemp seed lock twist and roll, and jane carter twists and lock butter on my twists.

i will be using:
shea butter
castor oil
shea amla butter
cocasta oil

and a mix of butter and oils that i will make myself. i will also be using styling butters and creams like hemp seed lock twist and roll, and jane carter twists and lock butter on my twists.

Where do you get this from?

Here's a great combo for the winter

MuruMuru Butter,a little shea butter and JBCO:drunk: Keeps my so moisturized in the winter.

Please pardon my ignorance. I thought Castor was a humectant thus should be avoided during the colder months. Thank you for your help

Back