Seal w/serum straight out of the shower?

unalteredone

I think i may be a little heavy handed with my products. After i wash, i like to add something (either redken butter treat, shescenit it green grape leave in, or a lacio lacio/green grape mix) and then add my redken heat glide serum before blowdrying or flatironing. I know it doesnt sound like alot, but i cant get swang. When i use less, it's better, but i dont know when enough is enough. Like in the case of heat protectant, i want to make sure that every strand gets covered, so i keep adding more and more bc i'm paranoid.

So, would my hair be dry if i just hopped out of the shower, towel dried a little bit and then added the heat glide? (also, how many pumps of this are people using?) Also, one thing i'm confused about with respect to sealing is....what about moisturizing the next day,etc? Can the moisture be blocked still 24+ hours later?

So, would my hair be dry if i just hopped out of the shower, towel dried a little bit and then added the heat glide? (also, how many pumps of this are people using?) I only use 1 pump...rub my hands together..then apply it on the section of hair and ends. But i use the heat glide on dry hair...i never used it on wet before. would ur hair be dry?....try it and see. even tho heat glide is a serum..i never experienced dryness days after using it on dry hair. so i'd expect the same results on wet

Also, one thing i'm confused about with respect to sealing is....what about moisturizing the next day,etc? Can the moisture be blocked still 24+ hours later? everyone's hair is different. some folks can deal with more than others. the best way is to try it on ur hair...and see if its blocking moisture for the next 2 days or so.

So, would my hair be dry if i just hopped out of the shower, towel dried a little bit and then added the heat glide?
I think so, but as with everything, it depends on your own hair. I say always use a leave in. I've learned that a little really does go a long way even though it doesn't seem like it. The leave in isn't supposed to feel like your DC. In my experience it only takes a dollop of "The Cream" by Paul Mitchell. I rub my hands together then lightly apply it to sections of my hair. Afterwards I can barely feel the slickness on my wet hair.

(also, how many pumps of this are people using?)
I use 1 pump of Heat Glide along with my leave-in. Then I comb my hair straight back and sit under a hood dryer to dry 90% before I blow dry it the rest of the way. (tip: I stopped using a brush and started using a wide tooth comb with my blow dry. lots of swing!) I then apply 1 more pump of Heat Glide before I flat iron. I used to then add more to every length I flat ironed but that left my hair waaay too heavy. Again, a little of this stuff really goes a long way. You can see the difference when you flat iron. The hair is shiny and straight.

Also, one thing i'm confused about with respect to sealing is....what about moisturizing the next day,etc? Can the moisture be blocked still 24+ hours later?
I'm still learning about sealing and moisturizing. But I tell ya, when I use ORS Replenishing for my DC, I don't have to moisturize for a couple of days. Then I use a small amount Mango Butter on my ends only with a *very* light touch. I moisturize even when I don't feel that my hair is dry.

Bottomline: The products spread through your hair a lot more than you think. You don't have to feel goo on your hair to know that its coated. I definitely recommend a lighter hand.
If you're addicted to the gooey product feeling on your hair, then get your kicks during the DC. Add as much conditioner as you like and then rinse it all out!

HTH

Back