Seal Tracks with Super Glue

I am getting a full-head sew-in with Bohyme Brazilian Wave and to combat the shedding problem the stylist suggested that we seal the wefts with super glue. This sounds a little scary to me, but She said that she has done this several times with no problems. I am committed to the Bohyme and had accepted the shedding issues, but increasing the longevity of this hair sounds a little appealing. I just don't want to do it at the expense of my hair. Should I be concerned about the dry super glue touching my hair? Has anyone done this before? Any suggestions?

DON'T USE SUPER GLUE. Since you have invested in good hair (If it's good Boheyme I'm sure it wasn't cheap) make sure you do everything right. For sealing the wefts use Ayleen's fray stop. You can find it at Walmart in the fabric section. You can also use Fritz. It goes on white and dries clear. It does take about 2 days for it to fully cure/ dry. Once it's dry the weft is fully flexible.

Also, I suggest checking out BHM. Go to the weaves (newbies) section to the Useful links 101 (the exact title might be off). But there's a detailed section on it.

i'd rather my weave shed than my hair be ripped out. stylists may know how to make a style look good but some don't know very much about hair care. I wouldn't do it if i were you.

I've used it before. She does this well before your sew in. It would be dry and u will be fine. She isn't super gluing it to your head.

Sent from Cat's iPhone using LHCF

It's not a bad idea since it would effectively seal the wefts, but I agree with the previous suggestion to use Aleene's or dritz. Sealing would cut down on the shedding and I seal all my wefts for that reason. Hair is an investment and I want it to stay on the weft as long as possible.

It doesn't seem like the glue's "finish" would be healthy for your hair. Not to much unlike a scratchy sand-paper finish?

But good luck.

well as long as it is not done on your head and to the actual hair itself - but it seems a lil scary to me i dont think i really would try this just in case. whos to say it wont ruin the hair.

The fact that that stylist is telling you to seal with an agent that gets hard and turns white....I'd be leary of sitting in her chair

Tracks sealed with krazy glue are not going to be as flexible as weave sealed with the CORRECT kind if glue.

Maybe I'm wrong. Weave experts please correct me.

I seal with Aleene's Fabric Glue. It's in the walmart craft section. It goes on and dries clear and smooth. It will not damage your hair or the weave hair.

Back