Scriptures that made your spirit jump...

jade998

This weekend, I was deep in the word. I decided no TV for me and spent most of my evenings just reading and meditating on the word of God.

When I think I know, all I need to do is read more of the Bible to know I don't know :grin:

I have been going through some things over these past few months, Low self esteem, low finances, risk of losing job, acne break out probably due to stress but it has been bad and I was reading I came across 1st Peter 5:10 and it made my spirit Jump.

Amplified: And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace [Who imparts all blessing and favor], Who has called you to His [own] eternal glory in Christ Jesus, will Himself complete and make you what you ought to be, establish and ground you securely, and strengthen, and settle you.

NLT: In his kindness God called you to his eternal glory by means of Jesus Christ. After you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation

I was praising afterwards and I am standing on his word that after I have suffered FOR A LITTLE WHILE, God will indeed restore my skin back to its former glory, support me financially with more money in my bank account, strenghthen me for if I have to go through intervews for a new job and settle me with a man of God that will be my husband and place me in a firm foundation in him

So... What are those scriptures that really come through for you at the right time? What are those scriptures that made your spirit jump and got you praising God afterwards?

Hope this thread will be an encouraging one. I am learning to defeat the enemy through the word of God. For when Jesus was tempeted, he to had to say "For it is written..."

My Prayers Go out to you and ((((HUGS))))))

I am so happy you started this thread! The Scriptures that make me just start Giving the Lord Thanks is Pslams 37-25-26 I tell you since I have been unemployed this scripture has gotten me through. I also walk out this word in my home when I am just going through it in my life. Stand Strong and Firm God will see you through! It is all about surrendering all over too the Lord!

28*"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29*Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30*For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Mt 11:25-30

Those are great scriptures. I love to read all of God's promises for me, it stops me from getting weary. Every time, I feel self pity, or I start to panick, I always find a word for me.

I also love proverb 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.(direct your path)

Back