Scared to cheat on my man -- PHYTO!

LadyChe

Y'all a sista is b to the r-o-k-e and the relaxer can't wait any longer.

I want to try a cheaper Phyto alternative (Not ORS tho) but I've been faithful to my beloved Phyto for 3 years. What to do What to DOOOOOO????

Im a 4b/a with about 3 inches of new growth and one box of Phyto ain't gonna cut it (my phyto girls know about being GENEROUS with that creamy crack ... I rarely have any left over from my normal 12 week relaxing)

HAAAAAAALLLLP!!! Gimme an alternative that will leave me with the
body
fullness
gentle
non-burningocity

that Phyto provides... help me sistas... this bun.wont.last.much.longer!!!!!

Girl, my funds are low too.. I debated all week about whether or not I should try a cheapie relaxer , this ONE time.

I was in the BSS shop and I just couldn't do it:lachen: . I went to sephora's yesterday and I got my booby..:p . I'll just have to sacrifice something to compensate.

oh, I don't have an alternative for ya.. hopefully someone will.. :)

I hope you stick to what has been working. Even if you need to braid your hair up for two weeks until you get paid. I really hope you stick to what is working for you. There is no garuantee with other relaxers that may or may not work for you. If you relax straight it would be a shame to have a cheap relaxer underprocess all the new growth and then you end up having to do a corrective anyways!

I hope it works out..we've all been broke. I say wait it out. Don't cheat.

Bumpin...

Thanks for the advice Lana and mahogany... I bought the Index 2 but... still...

I know some of yall used to use Phyto... anybody... please??

Check out Profectiv's ingredients. I find that that is the only otehr no-lye that has great ingredients in there. It also does not dry me our or make my hair flat. I love it.

I'm going with try and wait! Just say no to cheap relaxers!!!!

Horror story - On my last relaxer, I did not self-relax with phyto. Another brand and someone else's hands and my shoulder length hair went from prety nice to 3-4 inches of jagged breaking mess. Why did I do this, because I needed to relax and was low on funds.

Are you sure one box is not enough for three inches? If not, I highly recommend waiting...

"there ain't nothin' like the real thing baby, ain't nothin' like the real thing."

I personally will tell you don't cheat on your man, it can come back and bite you in the butt.

Check the trade board and see if someone has one there cheaper. Never hurts to check there.

What I do is buy what I'm going to need for the year. This keeps me from feeling like I'm not going to bust my hair budget and I always have what I need on hand.

Someone had a thread here about phyto having some of the same ingredients as another relaxer. I'll have to find that and see exactly what is says.

But, some people really do like ORS relaxers.. I can't comment on them because I've never used them.

-A

I'm too scared to cheat.
erstaunte_008.gif

Awwww maaaaaaaaaannnnn! Who gave my hair crisis ONE STAR?

Thanks ladies. I knew the Phyto reps would set me straight. I'm gonna stay true to my man.

Now, which one of yall gonna lend me a dollar so I can get another box?:grin:

Do you guys know why ORS is compared to Phyto. I really don't think there is any comparison. ORS really does not have any beneficial ingredients in the actual relaxer cream, maybe some oil and that's it.

No comparison, in my opinion.

Edited to add - I voted to get rid of that one star! :)

If you really love Phyto, don't cheat, you'll regret it. I did and it's one of the reasons I'm now considering transistioning.

Back