Scalp oil recommendations

syze6

Can anyone suggest a good hair oil for the scalp. I need one that doesn't leave a build up on the scalp. My hair is dry and other oils in the past have left a nice size amount of grit under my nails, when I scratch!

I like coconut oil, surge motion #9 and castor oil for my scalp. I haven't had any problems with buildup using any one of those.

I am currently using the jane carter solutions scalp serum. It is a light oil that has a great smell. My scalp can get itchy but this helps calm it down.

Castor for "healing"
Amla for "cooling"

These are the only oils I use on my scalp as needed. I especially like to use both after retouches because helps restore my scalp after its "tramatic encounter" with the relaxer cream, which thankfully is now only 4 time a year.

I use a bunch of different oils on my HAIR, but only castor and amla on my scalp.

HTH

I don't have an oil to recommend, but a product. It's called Qhemet Amla and Olive heavy cream. The ingredients include castor oil, olive oil and MSM. I grease my scalp with this 1-3 times a week, and it doesn't leave any buildup. In fact, I use this product on my hair, not just my scalp.

I think I'm becoming a A&O heavy cream pusher! :lol: :sekret:
I've been raving about this product (and using it non-stop) since I got it last week!

syze6 said:
Can anyone suggest a good hair oil for the scalp. I need one that doesn't leave a build up on the scalp. My hair is dry and other oils in the past have left a nice size amount of grit under my nails, when I scratch!

Cosigning on the coconut oil! It's really light and once you massage it in, your hair will be like ***BLING***
I also love Wild Growth oil!

I hear that jojoba oil is supposed to be really good. In fact, Im going to the health food store this weekend to get some myself. Alot of ladies on this board seem to like it, too. But make sure its organic and 100% jojoba oil.:)

This is the best thing....pic and link....

SHEA%20BUTTER_7158.jpg
http://www.baldwins.co.uk/Natural-Soaps-Creams-And-Bath-Accessories/Laughing-Bird/Laughing-Bird-Creams/Laughing-Bird-Shea-Butter-Scalp-Moisturiser/8210/359

Its called Shea Butter scalp moisturiser...contains other natural ingredients.
In winter months you have to wave a hair drier over it to soften it up a bit. Makes ther hair super shiny too.

Back