scalp massages

Do you do scalp massages?

• Yes, i love them and i use an oil (explain)!!

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • Yes, occasionally, i dont use oil

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • i want to but am too lazy.....

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Never

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters

babs19

i recently started doing scalp massages just using the tips of my fingers, im waiting on my order from hairveda so i can encorparate some oils. so i was wondering if anyone else does scalp massages and what oils do you use or recommend?:lick:

I LOVE THEM! I use a mixture of BeeMine Growth Oil, Melted East African Shea Butter and Coconut Oil.

Yes, I use Vitamin E, EVOO, Coconut oil and a few drops of peppermint and rosemary EO. I need to do it more often though.

I massage with jojoba, sweet almond, or rice bran oil. Sometimes I add some peppermint EO. I don't do it nearly as much as I need to though.

how do you guys use the oils? do you put them straight onto your scalp or put them on your fingertips?

how do you guys use the oils? do you put them straight onto your scalp or put them on your fingertips?

I bought a plastic oil applicator bottle, and pierced a tiny hole, (well big enough to get the oil through). This way I can control the amount of oil that's dispensed so I don't end up like an oil slick.

I bought a plastic oil applicator bottle, and pierced a tiny hole, (well big enough to get the oil through). This way I can control the amount of oil that's dispensed so I don't end up like an oil slick.

great idea, thanks:yep:

I love to do scalp massages. I try to remember to do it with oils like Amla or Vatika Oil...but most of the time I do it without the oils.

Friday I prepooed with HairVeda Vatika Frosting and Coconut Oil, I did a scalp massage the last 5 mins before i rinsed and OMG my NG is so soft....

i do it with moegro oil. i do it for 3 minutes and i put the oil in the left palm and use my fingers on the right hand to apply it to my scalp

Just a point about the oil massages. Do people do it daily? If so isn't there an issue about clogging up the scalp thus not allowing the scalp to breathe? I suppose in order to do this and feel the benefits you need to wash the hair more??

Massage at least 3 nights per week before going to bed. Sometimes with Vatika Oil or just coconut oil or sometimes without any oils.

I do a full scalp massage w/ oil about once a week, usually right before it's time to shampoo. During the week, I put a little oil & massage my temple and nape.

If I'm just studying or reading, I sometimes massage my temples w/o the oil, just for relaxation & to stimulate those hair follicles.

I do scalp massages sometimes. Im trying to get the habit of doing them more using EVOO, Peppermint and Rosemary Oil. But my hair is in braids so its not as easy.

I use a hand held electric massager & a mix of ayurvedic oils applied to the scalp!:lick:

I am glad you said it. I am currently using the 3 claw messager from walgreens on my scalp. I ususally get a 15 minute massage 3 times a week, otherwise I use this 2 times a week. I love messages. Always have!

I do scalp massages all the time, any place, and any where. I know people probably think I"m scratching my head or something, but I don't care. It feels really good getting a scalp message, just like getting a back massage. I don't use oil though.

Back